“very average”

Ranked #109 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
West Midlands
“very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I went on an all inclusive week to the Beverly Park. it is quite a walk to the Yumbo and the nightlife of Playa. it's also about €4.50 in a cab. Firstly some of the staff are, while not exactly rude, I suppose could be described as nonchalant. It's doubtful any of them would go the extra mile.
The outside space at the hotel is excellent. The pool areas are great. There are plenty on sunbeds and the bar is conveniently placed. The all inclusive includes spirits, local beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks. There's also a snack bar serving hamburgers, toasties, salads etc. The find in the restaurant is ok. Sonera reviews say it is amazing. it really isn't remarkable but there is plenty of choice. The salads are good and there is always a choice of grilled meat or fish. The food wasn't really adventurous enough for me. For those reviewers wanting English food - go on holiday in England!! Seriously you're in another country! Try their food!! The rooms are fine. We had a partial sea view without having to pay for it. The air con was effective and the rooms were clean enough.
The entertainment is laughable but I really wasnt bothered by it. we went out every night. I'd advise learning a few words of Spanish. Even if it's just to say hello, thank you and to order a drink. Its really not difficult. and will serve you well if you make an effort. The English have a bad reputation abroad and looking at some of the Bits in the hotel I can see why. The Bits were the only ones moaning about stuff. The people of other nationalities were perfectly nice and quite frankly I preferred spending time with them rather than the whinging brits.I probably wouldn't go all inclusive again. There are plenty of places to eat in the resort to suit most budgets. I'd probably get an apartment if I went again.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank toferbrum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just arrived back today after 1 weeks with my wife and 10 months old baby booked with onbeach

Where to start?

On arrival hotel looks quite impresses

Nightmare waiting for lifts ..

Our room had arts on the table although i was dissapointed with size as when we had the travel cot up not much room

Electric socket wires hanging down....

Restaurant --------- NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

There is no waiter service for drinks, you have to que at bar so sometimes could be waiting upto 20minutes just for drinks. Food was very basic, being a vegertarian they did not cater much so i lived on chips 1 weeks. There was nothing there for the baby .......

Advertises as a 4 star It's a 3 star hotel.... To me it's a 2 star...

I am very open-minded and do not like complaining at all but when it comes down to safety of your child ... Then it's unavoidable...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank 280Billy99

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is advertised on on the beach website as a 4 star hotel, it should be 2 star. The hotel is located very close to the sea and a nice beach. The swimming pool area is very nice a clean. The rooms are very old fashioned and require a refurbishment, our room was overlooking mountains and a motorway juntcion - the noise was really bad, we couldnt keep the balcony door open and watch tv at the same time. No british channels on tv except bbc. For sea view room you have to pay 9 euros per day. Our room was on the 7 floor and the elevators are just a joke in this hotel. There are 3 elevators and only 1 or 2 are working, imagine the crouds waiting during breakfest or dinner times. The elevators are really old and not very safe for kids to use. Food was ok and the selection was good. We were half board and we had to pay for drinks inlcluding water for our meals. Majority of the hotel guests were spanish and the staff are not very helpfull. Nobody except the reception staff speaks english. The cleaning staff were brilliant and our room was cleaned every day. It is not a bad hotel but i wouldnt go back.

Room Tip: Do not go for the mountain view rooms, the noise is really bad.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Adam K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Grand posh looking refurbished entrance hiding shoddy small rooms with rude unhelpful staff. We stayed one week and had problem with room, water leak in ceiling, had to insist on new room as staff very unwilling and unhelpful, the restaurant food is tosh, lots of choice but its still all crap. If you are not all inclusive you will pay HUGE sums for tiny watered down drinks to make the people who are all inclusive feel they are getting a good deal, this means you dont have to suffer the same crappy "entertainment" put on each night. The rooms although clean, and they should be, as previously mentioned by someone, the maids are never out of them! Are very small, the mattresses must be thirty years old and are as lumpy as any I have ever slept on, suspect also bites from bed bugs! All in all this hotel would have been the dogs in 1970, however now its a tired relic awaiting the bulldozers of change, really, honestly? Anywhere would be better. at ANY price!

Room Tip: Some other hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank paul p
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Firstly room was not what we expected it looked like it was out of the 70s view of main road and bp garage had a leak in the bathroom we spoke to reception who sent a man who spoke no english to look he said it would take a day to fix and we had to turn the air con off it was 35 no way you could sleep comfortably we spoke to receptionist on the phone when she couldnt understand us she hung up they eventually let us change rooms when we made a fuss next room had bits hanging off the wooden panneling when we booked a excursion through the hotel they told us to wait in the wrong place for the bus to pick us up so we wasted half a day and had to re book for the next day food was terrible we were not all inclusive thank god drinks werevery expensive and the glass was tiny plus side good location close to the beach and shops

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ok, I will start on the positives, hotel is nice, pools lovely with plenty of sunbeds, rooms nice and clean and staff very helpful and friendly! Great location for the beach and nightlife only 15 minute walk away or so. Now for the not so good, which to be honest is mainly the whole meal time "experience" - blimming chaos! The hotel seems to house more guests then it can manage, on somedays there was a queue for the dining room that went all the way upto reception! I've stayed in all inclusive hotels all my life and I have NEVER had to queue to be seated, once you've queued to get in then you can look forward to the next queue...the bar! I didn't even get a look in at the grill section as the queue was far too long everyday. The staff are over run in there, atleast once a day I had to sit on a dirty table as the staff just didn't have enough time to change all table cloths etc in time, this is 100% not their fault, they do their very best and remain friendly even tho they're clearly out of their depth! I wouldn't mind dining in this mayhem if the food was great but it really isn't, as I've said I've stayed in AI hotels all my life so I know what to expect from the food, I'm not the sort of person that books 3* and expects 5* cuisine but the food was honestly average at best, this ofcourse maybe because I went peak time (3-10th aug) perhaps if I'd gone a month earlier my opinion would be different as the reason u chose this hotel was from the great food reviews on this website...to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I ended up living off pasta as its the only thing I deemed edible and even that was overcooked. I used the pool snack bar a few times but had a 20 minute wait each time and then when I finally got the burger I patiently waited for I couldn't eat it as the roll was burnt and rock hard! If I ever used this hotel again then I def wouldn't waste my money on all inclusive, so many great bars and restaurants around with some great deals, for instance chicken and chorizo paella for 2 with a jug of sangria for only €20! Please don't let my review put you off the hotel as a whole because as I said everything else ticks the boxes! Can't express how lovely and helpful the staff are...enjoy playa del ingles! :)

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Lauraf13523
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just come back from a week of all inclusive at the Beverly park.on arrival I was pleased the reception staff were welcoming and helpful. We were first given a room on floor seven on the front of the hotel which is the side. . On looking at the height from the balcony we decided to up grade to a sea view room and asked for a lower . The rooms are clean and although the carpets on the corridors are thread bare the room ones are ok and are shampooed between guests.the beds are taken out and cleaned too. the white towels are the best hotel towels we had ever had. . the food is decent. . I am a fussy eater but found enough at every meal that I liked.my husband thought the food was good. The dining room could be mad a times mainly weekend and all the reviews talking about ignorant people there are very true. The entertainment is not good but it never is. . The pool bar which is also the snack bar I find to wind me up most at this place they made you feel like all inclusive meant you were 2ND class. . Also couldn't have eaten the burgers on offer after seeing they were only cooked on out side for a free mins. . The pools are good and they do bingo and water aerobics darts. . The tennis courts are 11 euro which is a rip off and were empty all week. The woman in the gift shop is very ignorant and didn't want to serve English. . But overall the hotel is clean food is decent and don't listen to the reviews about all the steps to the beach. . 3 steps to the beach and if you go to the shops in the sea front yes there are lots of steps but if you go out of the other side of the hotel and follow the road there are no steps at all. I wouldn't go again in the peak weeks as there were too many people at meal times and quest at the bar for drinks all day and night. they don't cater for English a lot of the reviews say. . Well I don't agree with that one cause I would stay in England if I wanted English. .

• Stayed July 2012