This is our last day and I am writing this whilst sat in the hotel . The hotel is a away from the centre by a good 20 minute walk, situated almost next to the beach but for a row of houses , the prom walk is very nice but the touts await you and if you want to take a walk towards the town via the prom walk then you will have to negotiate an uphill run of steps,( see photo), by the way the town was deserted at night with bar after bar begging for your custom.
The reception staff are ok and we were allocated a room within an hour of our arrival, albiet at the back of the hotel next to the local motorway, a sea view is 9 euros per night extra, internet is 1 euro for 20 mins or you can take your own laptop and pay for their wifi at 3 euros per day but your laptop will only work in 1 room downstairs and not in your room, the TV in your room only offers BBC world news.
Our room was very clean and well presented and as usual the maids were excellent, the restaurant is presentable and the food was very good with lots of variety, the pool area and out door bar and snack bar were pleasant and the snack bar food was stored in closed fridges and wasn't left out in the open .
The bar was the fly in my ointment, the staff obviously don't enjoy their jobs and could be a little unhelpful and edging towards rude, the bar area is very much like a working mens social club and lets the hotel down the seats are awful. Entertainment was bland but passed the time.
The are a lot of Germans and other nationalities here but you expect that it's an international hotel, and wouldn't it be boring if all the guests were Brits lol, the all inclusive represents good value because what you would spend in the local nearby restaurants would probably be double the cost of all inclusive, I read that the booze was watered down , so I tested that theory one lunch time and had a vodka and orange poured out spanish style and almost fell off my chair .
This hotel is very much a mature travellers choice, and I think teens and clubbers would be bored, infact I estimate that 90% of the guests here were 50 plus with many in their 70's and even 80's, is that due to the time of year ? anyway have a nice hol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beverly Park Hotel is a well known and popular establishment in Gran Canaria. Its spectacular situation next to Maspalomas dunes and in front of El Veril Beach invites its guests to take a bath in the Atlantic Ocean just 100 metres away. The beach promenade connects Beverly Park with the centre of Playa del Ingles offering plenty possibilities for day and evening entertainment as well as shopping facilites. It takes you about a 15 minutes walk to get there. The hotel, has 3 pools, 2 jacuzzis, gardens, tennis court, wellness and entertainment program day and night. It also has an apartments area with private pool and direct access to the promenade. And if desired, you can be booked on the All-Inclusive system It is a great choice if you look for a reasonable price-quality relation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beverly Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Beverly Park
- Beverly Park Playa Del Ingles
- Beverly Park Hotel Gran Canaria
- Beverly Park Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria