Koka Apartments
IFA Buenaventura Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$117
$114
  • Restaurant
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
$184
$268
$251
  • Pool
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
$79
  • Pool
Cordial Biarritz Bungalows(Playa del Ingles)
$148
$142
  • Pool
Sol Barbacan Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$148
$133
Melia.com
$186
$180
$78
$75
Hotels.com
Hotel Riu Don Miguel(Playa del Ingles)
$157
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
ClubHotel Riu Papayas(Playa del Ingles)
$260
$227
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewskasbah centrethe main blockbus stop rightnoisy at nightcheap holidayirish centremin walklarge balconyunitscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just back from our wonderful 2 week stay at the Koka, this was the second time we've stayed here and will be back again next year. The pool is fantastic, big and deep enough to keep everyone hapy. The pool area is cleaned (hosed and mopped) every morning. The pool-side bar served freshly cooked meals to order, fantastic. We had a Studio Apartment this time, over looking the pool area which had a decent sized balcony. The Studios are small enough, but big enough for 2 people. Ours had a fridge, 2 ringed hotplate, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, safe and a coin slot tv (only 2 English channels). In the 14 nights we stayed there we had cleaners at least 10 of the days and towels changed every other visit, they were always friendly and smiley. We had a small problem with the flush on the toilet but it was repaired within 20 mins of me talking to the man at reception. It's not the kind of place to stay if you're expecting plush hotel living but it is if you just want somewhere to put your head down at night or somewhere you can escape the seering heat with a cold drink and put your feet up on your balcony. It's perfectly situated for some great restaurants and bars, I would reccommend El Gaucho for steaks (1 min walk). The only problem we found was the heat at nightime, because there's no air con or even ceiling fans, but when you live in Ireland like we do then any night without rain is a "good" night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnBull1963
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here for 4 week, the whole of September, and was travelling solo.
When I saw the reviews I was a bit anxious as the holiday had already been booked and paid for.
When I arrived I was rather relieved. The Studio was a very good size and had everything I could need during my stay: tv, fridge, freezer, coffee machine, toaster, kettle, and 2 rings. Plenty of cutlery as well. There was also a safe, which i didnt use. All my most expensive belongings were more or less laid out on the table, nothing was touched once. Cant say fairer than that!!
Being a holiday rep in the past I put the reviews down to people being too fussy.
I had a good sized balcony which overlooked the pool - which is definitely one of the biggest and deepest (2.5m) in resort and was very clean.
Many of the apartments are private so expect to see a good mix of nationalities - which I dont mind.
There is a pool bar that serves snacks and drinks all day.
However... I did encounter a few problems:
- in the first week I noticed that the lock on the door wasnt fitting into the wall properly, I reported it on my way out, when I got back a little while later it had been fixed - so cant complain.
- i felt the maid was being a bit lazy, maybe because on quite a few days I told her not to bother, but on turnaround day i thought she'd make a little bit more effort, but she didnt. I wanted the whole apartment swept and mopped throughout, right into the corners. She did this, but only where I would walk. So I wasnt happy. Maybe thats just my OCD.
- the toilet never flushed properly first time, this i got used to, but beware.
- in my last 2 week the pool bar was closed as the man running it went on holiday, i was really surprised that management didnt draft someone else in for a couple of week, so this annoyed me a bit.
- the sunbeds are all shackled together by chains, so you cant really move them much, there is plenty of space between beds though so it wasnt a big deal. however the sunbeds are quite uncomfortable and u cant adjust them, theyre just flat.
- the staff were nice, but one of the receptionists looked right through me when i was trying to complain that i wanted the room swept n mopped throughout, almost as if he wasnt listening. i put this down to a language barrier.
The hotel is in a great location, approx 3 mins from the yumbo, 2 mins from beach (if you find the shortcut nerr nerr!) and next door to the kasbah. All these reviews about not being able to get to bed cos of music is absolute bull. and anyone complaining there studio was in the next block so you had to walk - get a grip!
All in all i had a fab holiday, hotel couldve been better and I probably wouldnt book there again. But if i did have to stay there again, i know for sure it would affect my holiday one bit!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank dannyboycanim
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Don't Listen 2 bad reviews. Really central to night life shopping resturants+beach. Bus stop right outside the pool is fantastic. The only downside is rooms are quite small they are clean. + seeing as you are out most of the time this was not a problem staff very helpful. Met some really nice people. Going back asap

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jayne cfc
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have just returned home after a weeks holiday in Koka.
The room was a disgrace, the kitchen tiles and hob were very dirty, the cleaners mopped the floor with a dirty mop, leaving the floor dirty!
We never had a towel change, I went into reception twice to complain but still never received clean towels, I think it is disgusting expecting us to use the same towels for a week.
I felt reception staff were very unfriendly and just wanted to get me out off reception when I went in to complain.
We were kept awake at night by the creaky beds everytime we turned over (which were just a bed base with no mattress.)
The bathroom was not clean, the bath had been painted as it was peeling off. The window in the bathroom did not shut properly so we did no feel very safe in the room.
I would never recommend Koka to anyone.
I would definitely recommend Playa del Ingles, it’s a great resort, and I would recommend to stay at Corona Blanca (just down the road from Koka)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Helena B
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel several times now rooms are clean and tidy and cleaned every day but a Sunday when the cleaners are not at work the pool is a good size and also clean. Pool side bar has a good range of food and is good value for money. Will be staying here next time visiting Gran can. Staff are also friendly and helpful when you need help

• Stayed: May 2012