“Just book it! It will be the best part of your holiday, money well spent!!”

Surf Canaries Surf School
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Playa del Ingles
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an official surf school in the south of Gran Canaria. With the headquarters and classroom at the foot of the sand dunes of Maspalomas, we offer high-quality surf classes – from a one-day-experience for beginners to intermediate/advanced classed. Thanks to being mobile, we choose every day the best beach for learning depending on the conditions – great waves, fun and safe tuition at non-touristy, uncrowded beaches all around the island!
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just book it! It will be the best part of your holiday, money well spent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I decided to booked one days surfing as I had always wanted to try it. It turned out to be the best part of my holiday. Danny and his crew were professional, funny and really good teachers. Danny is really passionate about this sport and is so enthusiastic to teach it. The whole process of booking, being collected and returned back to your hotel was reassuringly simple. Yet despite the top class service it was still very friendly and personal. I feel it represented great value as it kept me really entertained all day. It was so good I went back for a second day and this time we went to a small local beach as the waves were better. They supply everything you need for the day including lunch and it's a great way to burn off all the holiday weight gain off as well. It's a great day out for anyone. The only reason I'd come back to gran canaria is to attend this surf school, hopefully I will soon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stuart P

• Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I booked this last minute on the last day of our holidays and they had no problem with us doing this. They picked us up for free from our hotel (Paradise Valle) and took about 25 minutes to get to the surf school. Danny has a very nice and personal set up there, I have surfed for about 4 years but it was my partners first time and they were very patient with her along with teaching me new techniques and giving feedback on what i was doing right/wrong. We both loved it and are looking to go back just to surf here early in the new year.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dan J
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best surf school we've been to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been to a few surf schools around the world and Surf Canaries is by far the best. Danny, Annika and the team are very friendly, without any of the arrogance of some surf instructors. The lessons were incredibly well planned and clear. We learnt much more than we have anywhere else. They also go the extra
mile ensure you have good waves each day, travelling around the island to find the perfect waves for us. Couldn't recommend highly enough!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank helenlikestotravel
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly motivated and skilled team...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

After doing some research before our vacation, we have chosen "Surf Canaries" mostly because of their reasonable and transparent price policy (equipment, beverages, sun cream is all included). But also that they would take you to the best surf spots (also included in their price) led to our decision. We booked a 4-day course upfront via eMail and therefore saved another 10%. Responses always came in quickly.
Surf classes always started with a theory class giving the background for that day and evolved from day to day. Our surf classes had varying number of 7 to 9 attendees and were guided by two instructors. That was enough for everyone to get enough individual tips and training. I had a one day surf class in Santa Cruz last year and learned much more in a few hours now than in a whole day back then.
You could feel that the instructors put a lot of passion into giving those classes. On day 3 we had a video analysis of our surfing on day 2 as theory part. Their were 3 to 4 videos for each attendee which were analysed also in slow motion. Daniel had one third to one half of a Din A4 page written down for each person. Now you can imagine what additional time it consumes to prepare that (looking for good video for everyone, cutting videos, analyse, make notes).
The treatment and fun we had, as well as the progress we made led to the decision to book a fifth day after all.
At the end we were at 4 different beaches on 5 days (Playa del Ingles, La Laja, Vagabundo and Playa del Hombre, which covers the south, east cost and northwest of Gran Canaria).

I would make the same decisions again. Well done Surf Canaries! Special thanks to Daniel and Annika, which guided our surf class on 4 out of 5 days.
It really is their highest goal that every attendee has fun during that time. If I will go to Gran Canaria again, I will definitely book a course at Surf Canaries again!
Guys, again, thank you so much.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Martin R
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“best surf school I've been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been to a few surf schools and most tend to give you a few drills on the beach then stick you in the water until you're tired. Not Surf Canaries. Danny and the team have really thought about how to help people of all abilities get the most out of a lesson. The class sizes are small and between Danny, Annika and Johnas they speak English, German and Spanish. The day starts with a theory lesson if it's the first day or a video review of your efforts yesterday if you're returning. They use some golf software to slow motion your surfing and show you what's going right and wrong. Excellent stuff. After this it's off in the vans to whichever beach has the best waves of the day. Once there there's a proper warm up then into the water perhaps with some drills to build your muscle memory on the beach too. I've spend a week or two surfing in the past but in two days Danny had identified and helped me stop my bad habits. Two day's wasn't enough and I'll be getting a group together to go back for a longer session next time.

If you're new, improving or really rather good they team will ensure you come away happy and surfing better.

Visited March 2013