“Great expectations”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Five of us had dinner here at the end of September, most of us were never in an Indian restaurant before and were looking forward to the adventure, so we tried a bit of everything, onion bhaji's, rogan josh, jalfrezi, nan bread, papadums, samosa, curry, lollipops, all well presented, with some very nice flavours. Unfortunately they only had bottles of Cobra beer, no draught beer ! and not very cold at 3.95 a go and the Vina sol wine was expensive at 17.50 a bottle, it's only 4 euro in our Hotel shop ! The bill came to 117.00. Service and decor could have been better and the restaurant was empty, but seemed to be doing OK with home deliveries, we were not impressed with our first experience of an Indian restaurant, maybe our expectations were too high ! I'm sure there are better one's around just like the Chinese, there's good and not so good.

1  Thank MisterValandco
There are newer reviews for Dayana

Reviewed October 27, 2013

we tried it again after having noticed more Indian people working there, we thought it must have changed hands. The food was frankly inedible, I thought at first that it was just me but my companion confirmed ,terrible.
A complete waste of a 30€ Take away. Had we been served this in the Resturant it would have gone back.
That is without doubt the last time we set foot here and for us thats a shame as the other good Indian Resurant in Playa del Ingles has closed.

We longed for the food to be great but it just was not even passable.

2  Thank 1dan2511
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We are in Gran Carnaria now and have just eaten here. The food is excellent and very authentic. Great customer service too. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. We are from the UK and I would say the food is better than any Indian I have has there and I have eaten at a few and am a bit of a food critic.

1  Thank Ashpoonam
Reviewed June 1, 2013

As a lover of a food ruby, this place doesn't let you down.

Good poppadoms, pilau rice and the iinfamouse Vindaloo !!

Everything was cooked to perfection, sat outside which was nice and warm.

Was very pleased as were my English friends,

Will be back back when we visit Gran Can again.

5  Thank DonB541
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently we were staying in a rental apartment in PDI and really fancied a good curry. There was a leaflet for the Dayana Restaurant in the apartment but didn't fancy traipsing out again as we'd done a lot of walking that day. Anyhow, they do a delivery service and after a bit of wondering whether they'd find the apartment we took a risk and rang in an order.

We ordered a Vegetable Korma and a Chana Massala with a rice and Peshwari nan bread and sat hoping they'd find us! My phone rang and the lady who had taken the order told me the driver was almost there so my husband went down to open the apartment block gate to take delivery of the order. This was within the time requested so we were really happy with that and when we came to eat the food there was plenty of it and it tasted delicious.

3  Thank wendyd_1749