“Good indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Like all indian a good range of starters and mains, friendly service, good wine list and at reasonable prices,if you eat inside, beware it can become very warm, outside is now better, screen added to cut down the wind. Also stops the people from the apartments behind coming down the fire escape, and walking thro the eating area
this review this the second time i written about this reaaurant, wrote one last year 2011, but does not seem to be on the tripadvisor site?

1  Thank jlidwyn

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The food here is quite akin to what you might expect back in the UK with no twists or surprises. The first visit of two we had lamb bhuna with naan & roti a piece. We both agreed that it would have been bit better with a portion of shared rice, which is what we did on our second visit. This time I went for the lamb tikka massala (hot), which I think I should have gone for medium, but I was advised! He stuck with the meal he'd had before. As far as restaurants go 10 Euros isn't bad for a bottle of red wine too!
Downside? Although it's good food, it's not very busy as it's well out of the CC Yumbo & not much going on atmosphere-wise, though I've got to admit the service was spot on.

2  Thank boyblue69
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I visit GC often and have a small number of restaurants I frequent as generally the island can be hit and miss. I have always passed this restaurant and wondered what a Canarian Indian might be like! Tonight finally I decided to pay them a visit with some friends. I wasn't dissapointed. The staff were very nice, the cobra beer ice cold. When our food arrived all 5 of us agreed it was full of flavour, well presented and there was plenty to go round. OK it wasn't the best Indian I have ever had but I have certainly had a lot worse and paid a lot more. This place is an honest, fairly priced, friendly restaurant which cooks a curry to your liking and it comes with a smile and a hand shake when you leave! I have added this place to my list of favourites and will certainly be back.

3  Thank Campbell G
Reviewed April 3, 2012

During our first day, we had food at Maharaja (at Yumbo Centre). Since the food at the Maharaja (unranked and unrated on Tripadvisor) was unexpectedly awesome, we thought of trying the Dayaana, which has a good rating on Trip advisor. When the food arrived it looked horrible and tasted aweful and was NOT freshly prepared. It appears that they use ready made bottled pastes for the curries, which gives the food its bitter/stale taste and the blackish colour. The prices however generally were reasonable, (deserts signinificantly overpriced though) and the food quantity was good. But, on an after thought, I feel that because the food so aweful we had so much left over. Nevertheless, we got remaining food packed and struggled to eat it even on the next day.

Needless to say, we didnt go there again and will never go there again if we visit Gran Canaria again.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went not expecting a great curry. However the Sheesh Kebabs were exceptional, and the Mango Kulfi ( Home made ) was very close to perfect. Sadly the Chicken Dhansak was not quite up to the same standard. Nontheless, most enjoyable, with decent wine, good service and reasonable prices.

2  Thank Patbermac