We had a wonderfull stay at Barbacan. We stayed for 8 days in a 2-room bungalow, very spacious especially for 2 persons. It had everything we needed, even towels for the swimmingpool that we could change every day.
The shower (in bath) is however not made for tall people.
The bungalow was cleaned every day.
Unfortunately we had some cockroaches and made a notice at the reception, they directly sprayed something. Also one light in the bathroom was broken but after mentioning it at the reception they took action right away at 11pm.
The wifi connection was very poor.
The accommodation and gardens are well maintained, so is the swimmingpool that is cleaned every morning before 9. After 9.00 many people reserve the best places at the swimming pool with their towels.
Great compliments to Robbie and Patricya of the animation team, they seemed inexhaustiable. There is entertainment for all ages: small games around the pool, aqua gym and waterpolo or music at the lounge terrace.
Overall the service is excellent, the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Make sure you also book the breakfast, it is fresh and there is enough choice! The diner buffet is also good, for 15,- p.p. great food.
The location however is the major downside of this beautiful accommodation; Playa del Ingles is an old place without character, not attractive at all. I would highly recommend taking a taxi for a few euros to Meloneras, that has everything we didn't find in Playa del Ingles: good restaurants, great shops and a beautiful boulevard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments and bungalows. Renovated in 2015, it offers excellent facilities and services. Certified with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, Sol Barbacan is an ideal destination to spend your holidays, accompanied by your family and friends, with its spacious gardens, is an oasis in Playa del Ingles. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Ingles beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogan, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Priceline, Prodigios Interactivos SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria