I stayed here with a friend and we really enjoyed our stay, but I would recommend this hotel mainly for families. There are lots of activities organised throughout the day for kids and adults, and evening entertainment seems to be aimed at kids (cabaret, magic shows, etc), although there is live music in the outdoor bar too. You need to be up really really early to get a sunbed; on our last day we had a midday flight so were up early and there were at least 30 people with armfulls of towels at the pool waiting for the staff to lay out the sunbeds at 8.15am! As we were never up that early, most days it was about 4pm before we got a sunbed. But the (huge) balconies have sunbeds too. Apartments are lovely, fairly modern and spotlessly clean with comfy beds and great air con and shower. Cleaners come every day; we actually had an awkward experience with a cleaner forcing her way into the apartment despite us protesting that we didn't want the apartment cleaned that day! Apart from that my only complaint would be that on check in we were offered zero information about anything, not directions to our room, info about the resort, facilities, the area, a map, nothing! We only ate in the hotel once, for lunch, and it was very average, my tomato soup was definitely from a packet! But it was cheap so was fine. However, the a la carte dinner menu is far more expensive than any other restaurant we saw in Playa Del Ingles so we didn't bother trying it. There is a supermarket on site but it closes from 1-3pm and at 7pm, but there is another supermarket right across the road which opens all day until 9pm. If you come out of the hotel and turn right and go through the roundabout, continuing down Avenida Tirajana, there are several lovely restaurants within 5-10 mins walk of the hotel, I would recommend in particular Barbados, Mundo and Asia Palace. The Jumbo Centre is a 2 min walk from the hotel which also has lovely restaurants (try Gio Bar) and better shopping than Kasbah which is about a 15 min walk or less than €3 in a taxi. Overall we had a great holiday and I think it was great value for money, possibly dearer than a lot of hotels but you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments and bungalows. Renovated in 2015, it offers excellent facilities and services. Certified with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, Sol Barbacan is an ideal destination to spend your holidays, accompanied by your family and friends, with its spacious gardens, is an oasis in Playa del Ingles. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Ingles beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogan, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria