First time here and my family and I were very impressed. All spotlessly clean and very helpful staff. Resort surprisingly quiet considering it was half term week, as was the hotel. We tried to add another person to the booking but was told the hotel was full so wasnt possible. We couldnt have seen more than 20 people for the whole of our stay so was disappointed that someone missed out on a lovely holiday (down to the company we booked through I assume, not the hotel) No battling for sunbeds as the pool area was mainly empty. Only ate once in the restaurant and that was to have breakfast on our last morning. Food was lovely with plenty of variety. Can't really comment on the entertainment as we didnt see any. I think that was mainly down to the fact that there were so few people stopping there. Drinks and food were more expensive than in the actual resort. Location is a bit out of the way. Took us about 15 to 20 minutes to walk to the beach and cost us 2 euros fifty in a taxi to get back (bit uphill going back to the hotel and was just feeling a little lazy). We had a two bedroom bungalow and this was lovely. Very spacious and the kitchen was the best equipped I've ever seen in all my years of travelling. Large patio area and also roof area to sunbathe on. Two bathrooms came in very handy when getting ready to go out. Not sure I'd go to Playa del Ingles again as we preferred Porto Rico after visiting there for the day,(sea is calmer and cleaner) but if we did, we would certainly have no hesitation in returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments and bungalows. Renovated in 2015, it offers excellent facilities and services. Certified with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, Sol Barbacan is an ideal destination to spend your holidays, accompanied by your family and friends, with its spacious gardens, is an oasis in Playa del Ingles. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Ingles beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogan, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria