Very reluctant I agreed to this vacation. Holiday resorts are just not my cup of tea. And I was wrong. The hotel is a. a building with apartments and b. bungalows. The bungalows located in the "garden" with well kept lawns, palmtrees and bushes. We had a 2-bedroom bungalow with a patio and a "sun-deck" on the roof. At our disposal were two pools, not big but big enough to make swimming possible.
We had a half-board accomodation and had then the possibility to sample the restaurant a breakfast and dinner. The "petite chef" cared for the hot part, like fried eggs, sausages, bacon, scambled eggs etc, at the breakfast which meant that these item were almost as made to order. Various kinds of youghurt, cereals, juices, bread and a variety of ham, cheese and greens for your choice of breakfast. As for the dinner we opted for the buffet and were not disapointed a a single time. Most impressive was the chef fixing the wok of your choice (you fick the ingredients yourself) while you waited (or picked from the other dishes). And the the was this really good selection of sweets.
As for location you this hotel is close to everything (now if you´re only there to keep your feets in the ocean it´s a bit off) just a mile from the beach, and the desert and two miles from the Maspalomas beach. If you don´t want to walk (can be a good idea considering beakfast and dinner) there are taxis and buses, both very cheap, just outside the hotel.
As each unit has a small kitchen you can also provide for your meals on your own. In the building there is a small convinience store cartering for your basic needs. In the neighborhood there are are lots of stores and restaurants so basicly you can stay on the hotel grounds without having to go inte complicated excursions to find additional food (available int the restaurant is also a lunch restaurant, but we did not try this).
And it goes without saying: there´s a bar at the pool.
Gained a slight tan and two pounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments and bungalows. Renovated in 2015, it offers excellent facilities and services. Certified with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, Sol Barbacan is an ideal destination to spend your holidays, accompanied by your family and friends, with its spacious gardens, is an oasis in Playa del Ingles. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Ingles beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogan, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria