We missed our annual mid summer visit to the RIU Palace Maspalomas so decided to take a weeks break at the end of November. You do take a chance with the weather but its always warmer than the UK, specially at that time of the year. We had an odd dull day and even rain one evening but also had the bonus of a couple of days when the temps rose to the high 20’s. We flew with Thomsons from Birmingham which was without problems. In fact it was smooth all the way including the taxi transfer.
We are regular at the Hotel and always have a great welcome from reception staff and porters. Our room request was met and whilst we sat having a welcome glass of bubbly our cases were quickly transported to the room. No hassle whatsoever. What a treat Our first floor room was in a quiet area of the hotel with a lovely view over the Dunes towards the Lighthouse at Maspolomas. The beds were on the hard side but a request for a softer style was met immediately. They used to keep foam toppers but now provide the more modern foam topped mattresses on request. The room was very clean and spacious with loads of space for clothes etc. The AC was efficient and very quiet. It went a bit cool in the evenings so we would lift the temperature a bit but it was not needed once you were under covers.
We have always been impressed with the standard of the Buffet food and were not disappointed, in fact we both felt is was even better. There was a larger selection of savory starters and the cheese selection was much improved with self service rather than the trolley bought round by the waiter. There was no table service which we had occasionally used in the past but we could live with that. We did have one evening meal in the Krystal restaurant and that too was of an excellent standard with waiter service of course. Always like to have the odd visit there as it make a change from the busy self service.
The quality of this hotel is well documented. A large number of guests return on a regular basis which is always a good sign . Many of the staff have also been there a long time, including, of course Roberto Jimenez the long standing Director who I have always maintained runs a Hotel that sets the standard for others to follow. Long may he continue and we again look forward to spending 2 weeks in June 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria