Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas
IFA Buenaventura Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel THe Anamar Suites(Playa del Ingles)
$95
  • Restaurant
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
$185
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
$271
Hotel Caserio(Playa del Ingles)
$187
Sol Barbacan Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$148
$134
Melia.com
$187
$181
Cordial Biarritz Bungalows(Playa del Ingles)
$149
$143
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Don Miguel(Playa del Ingles)
$158
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Nayra(Playa del Ingles)
$162
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
1,795 results
All reviewskrystal restaurantsand dunesresident bandsea viewhouse bandevening mealhotel directorpool restaurantwaiter servicelovely hotelolder guestsplenty of sunbedshead waitercold buffethalf boardsame sexquality hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our first visit to this resort, and first experience of a Riu Hotel. The approach to this hotel was fantastic, like a huge white palace. The interior of the hotel was plush, very clean and grand.
Had an excellent welcome from the reception staff, and was given champagne on the veranda. We were also taken straight to the dining hall, to join the evening meal. The choice and abundance of food available was amazing, too much to choose from.
Our room was on the second floor, and it was directly in the middle of the hotel, giving us an amazing view across the dunes. Room clean and spacious and with a well equipped bathroom. A bottle of champagne (small) and a basket of fresh fruit was awaiting us, in the room.
Breakfast was as amazing as the evening meal, with a whole range of food choices, including complimentary Cava.
The hotel and staff in total were very hospitable and accommodating. A return visit is a must.
My only advise is to buy water, soft drinks and cans of beer from the supermarket across the road. Cans of beer and coke around 50 - 70 cents. We took these to the pool area daily, to save on high costa at the bar e.g small beer 2 euros and 95 cents. My tip is to take plastic cups with you, as the hotel won't cater for this.

Room Tip: Ask for sea views from 2nd floor up to 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank melanie63_11
Reviewed July 2, 2013

just returned from two weeks at rui palace and my wife and i were delighted with the hotel.we have been to gran canaria six times staying at most of the good newer hotels,so although we have known the rui for many years we were a little aprehensive the it may have been a bit dated.we could not have been more wrong.the staff at all departments went out of their way to be of any help.the hotel was spotlessly clean and the food was in the main very good.i should think the way the hotel was designed and its orientation most rooms would have a good aspect.we would recomend this hotel

Room Tip: most rooms should be good,only four high so higher the better
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank johnmcsweeney
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I thought it might not be a good idea to return to the same resort and hotel. How wrong I was. The service is as good as before, the staff could not be better and what sells it for me is that there is no change. The hotel is consistently good, food, service, hospitality and cleanliness all first rate. Don't change anything, perfect the way you are!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Clare H
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Spent 7 wonderful days in what must be the best hotel we have ever visited! best staff we have ever encountered,, we requested a quiet table for 2 in the restaurant before arriving,,and hey presto we were given a table for 2 right beside the window.. Nothing was too much for any of the hotel staff. So if you are thinking about booking this gorgeous hotel,, stop thinking and book it Now!!

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank paddysmum
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

After visiting Gran Canaria many times in the past, I always thought I'd treat myself one day and stay at this hotel. We travelled as part of a Thomson Platinum package.

Arrival at the hotel was at about 2030, and reception advised us that we could go straight into the restaurant and have dinner. This was nice as we had almost resigned ourselves to the fact that we would be missing out on dinner, as we were arriving late. We left out bags with the very helpful concierge and went to the restaurant for our first dinner.
We were shown to a table by the very attentive maitre d' who informed us that this would be our table for the duration of the week (no need to scramble for tables like so many other resort hotels). The food here is amazing. No question about it. Duck, smoked salmon, caviar, sushi, small amuse bouche, the list goes on and on. The only thing letting it down was the dessert station, if you have a sweet tooth, you may be disappointed as each night, the dessert offering was pretty naff.

The service in this restaurant is friendly, yet attentive. It feels like a proper restaurant, starched table cloths, fresh flowers on the table, smart waiters and chandeliers....not like the oppressive Butlins style canteen restaurants you can so often encounter in Spain, even in 4 star hotels.
The rooms here are a bit chintzy. Hyacinth Bucket would have been in her element. As much as the rooms are in need of a freshen up, they are by no means grotty or dirty, quite the opposite in fact.There's carpet in the room, not to everyone's taste in Spain but I actually quite liked it. It made the room cosy. There was a basket of fresh fruit and sparkling wine on the table when we arrived and even a little animal made out of towels like on a cruise ship...nice touch. Aircon worked well which was a godsend as it was really hot all week and the ceiling fan gave a nice breeze. The beds were wide singles and were pretty comfy, although this hotel has not followed suit with many other top end hotels in this resort and still had the dreaded itchy blanket and eiderdown rather than duvets. The rooms were cleaned every day and we were left with clean towels. The shower is fab, powerful and hot although the shower curtain had a nasty habit if clinging to my legs...ewwww! There's a mini bar offering all the usual but also offering space for your own vino or water. There's loads of hanging space in the wardrobe and a decent size flat screen tv. We didn't put it on all week so have no idea what channels are offered. Where's the wifi???? Come on, it's 2013, in one of the highest ranked hotels in town! Don't get me wrong, I don't come on holiday to constantly check e-mails and sit on my iPad, but surely the rooms here should have wifi, most other 4 star hotels in Playa del Ingles have it in the rooms, so why not here? No excuse! You can get it in the lobby but it's very hit and miss and very slow!
We were in room 1067, right next to the maid's store cupboard. Like so many reviews on here, I have to agree. The noise in the morning when the maids are getting ready to start, is awful. From 0800-0900 daily, all you can hear is banging, scraping and shouting. I didn't complain as we just saw it as our wake up call for breakfast and jumped in the shower, however if you're planning on some lie-ins and find yourself next to the the maid's room, go and ask for a new room immediately!
I feel I simply have to mention this....you may think I'm being picky but I was so angered by it, I have to write it down. On our first day round the pool (it was 85 degrees) and I had bought a bottle of water from the supermarket across the road. Very important to keep your fluids up in hot weather, yeh? I went to the bar and asked if they could spare a plastic glass to save me from swigging from the bottle. I was asked if it was for my own drink, and I said that it was but only for water, not booze. I was told I in a very abrupt manner, that I could have one today as I was unaware of the policy but not to ask again as the answer would be no. I felt like I was 6 years old, not a 34 year old man staying in an upmarket resort. Hotels have policies, I get it. They have rules, I get it. People sometimes take the mick, I get it, but to be spoken to like that really annoyed me. I went back to my sunbed, poured a glass of water and settled back. A few minutes later, the bar man came running over, shouting at me to put my water bottle on the floor. 'Nobody must see you have it' he said, then stormed off muttering under his breath in Spanish. I was so embarrassed, I only wanted to sip water as I sunbathed! Too much to ask? And to be spoken to like that, I was appalled. So much so, I went to reception and asked to speak to the manager. There wasn't one on duty so the receptionist asked me if she could help. I thought I may have found a sympathetic ear, and told her how I understood there were policies but that it was only water and that it was really hot outside and that I hadn't liked being spoken to in such a way in front of other guests. The receptionist (Virginia), sniggered and said 'yes, no water allowed. What are you planning on doing tonight? Perhaps taking a fridge to the restaurant for your wine?'
Slightly sarcastic? At what point was I taking wine to the restaurant? I was told, 'if you want to drink water, do it in your room!!'
Totally dumbfounded!! She took my room number and said a manager would contact me. They never did. Funny how some policies stick and others don't. If you want a decent sunbed after breakfast, forget it. Towels sit proudly adorning these loungers unoccupied until mid day. Everyday. There are signs saying that it is 'policy' that this is not to be done but there are obviously no sunbed police on duty, only water police.
It's a real shame as every other single member of staff made us feel welcome but alas, as I'm not accustomed to being spoken to like an infant, I will not be returning to this hotel, shame really as I wanted to like it. In summary, if you get a good deal here, try it. It's worth it for the food alone, but make sure you don't have a room next to the maid's cupboard (seriously, you'll regret it), and don't assume it's going to be perfect, unspoiled luxury, because it's not.

• Stayed: June 2013