The hotel is typical of the RIU group , well run , attentive staff , good food , comfortable and the amenities & facilities are of the high quality that you would expect from a 4/5 star hotel .
The surrounding area is very built up but the hotel is situated on the famous sand dunes so the view seaward is excellent . However ,occasionally when the wind blows towards the hotel the sand gets everywhere .
We went for a week with Thomson ( excellent rep ) from Cardiff . All went well despite the recent bad weather but Cardiff airport needs better management and updating as our experience there was not good .
The weather for January was exceptional and our week was very relaxing and enjoyable .
Key question : would we return - Yes !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria