Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
$132
$124
  • Breakfast included
$173
$154
$137
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
$182
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
$265
Hotel Caserio(Playa del Ingles)
$156
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
$76
  • Pool
Roque Nublo(Playa del Ingles)
$191
Hotel Riu Papayas(Playa del Ingles)
$175
  • Restaurant
$168
  • Restaurant
1,814 results
All reviewskrystal restaurantsand dunesresident bandsea viewhouse bandevening mealhotel directorpool restaurantwaiter servicelovely hotelolder guestsplenty of sunbedshead waitercold buffethalf boardsame sexquality hotel
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am originally from Gran Canaria so I know this hotel just from the beginning. To start with, I must say that the location and views are unbeatable. It is situated just over the Maspalomas dunes.

I can understand that, being a quite old hotel, you find things that need to be updated but, once you stay there for a while, some of those are not understandable in 2012. First, and most, the non existent wifi in the rooms (not even to pay for). Come on! In these days we need the internet for everything, from see the weather prediction to restaurant reviews or keeping in touch with your friends in family. In the Riu Palace Maspalomas, you have to go down to the reception and sit there to do your search.

Second, the breakfast. I have never been in a breakfast buffet so badly organized. The quality of the food is OK (only OK), but you have to wander from place to place to find things. I seems anything is not where you expected it to be. Third, understandable because of the public they have but uncomfortable anyway, everything is sooooo german (from the first ten channels on the TV to the information, etc. By the way, having tasted the german bread, I don't understand why they have not started a riot about the quality of it in the hotel.

One thing I have to give an excellent to is the quality and kindness of personnel. They are all nice, willing to help and solve you any problem you have. 5 stars for them.

It was my first stay in this hotel and I won't be probably staying there again if they don't change some things, Today they are better options in the Meloneras area. It is a pity because, as I said, seeing the dunes and the see from your room is incredible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ARUANO
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in 2004,2008 & 2012. In 2004 I was looking to buy a house in GC and Roberto the manager and his assitant manager gave me valuable advice. The second time we came back after I had sold my house. The hotel is one of the best on the Island with great views of the sand dunes. I have eaten in both the RIU Palaces (this one in Maspolmas & the other in Melonares) and can genuinely say the food is better in this one. So good that I used to eat here occassionaly when I lived on the Island. This hotel has the advantage of being in Playa Del Inglis with all its ammenities. The clientele are mainly Germans (That will upset the English but TIU is a German company and they own Thomspson and First Choice) and there are more older people although there are some families with children. There were two sittings for dinner and the menu was different over a two week period. There was a buffet or table service (or both if you are greedy like me!) The food was as good as any cruise ship or hotel Ive been in. The catering staff were so helpful they went out of their way and made me porridge as it wasnt supplied at breakfast, but the champagne was much to my wifes delight! The staff are friendly and helpful. The airconditioned rooms were nice and clean. The grounds are spacious with plenty of room on the terraces and round the two pools. This is my wifes favourite hotel. She states it is peaceful and relaxing. Entertainment was not my cup of tea. I dont think there was anything I could complain about and would recomend this hotel. Have a walk along the beach to Playa Del Inglis beach front (turn left) or (turn right) to Melonares up to lighthouse - beware the nudist beach !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pj999pj
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have just returned from a week at this hotel and find it hard to find any negative criticism. The greeting from the reception staff was warm and welcoming. The room was great and we had room 4044 which had a fab panoramic view. Food was excellent as with most Riu hotels that we have stayed in. The presentation makes it so tempting to try everything!!!! The only fault I could find is that the beds are too hard - sorry. Would defo stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 4044 had an amazing panoramic view, and has an open balcony rather an enclosed one. Being at the end of a corridor it was quiet too.
4  Thank MichaelManchester69
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned (3rd Nov) from our week long stay at the Riu Palace Maspalomas.

This is a really lovely hotel and we had a great stay despite the weather. We stayed in room 2034 which we had paid extra for as it had a sea view - this was the most disappointing aspect of our stay as we could not really see the sea because of palm trees outside the balcony. Tricky because the trees help to make the grounds attractive so we will not be complaining but it is something to be aware of if a sea view is vitally important to you.

The bathroom was looking tired as other reviewers have mentioned and the bath is quite tricky to get into as there is more than a tile width to step over on the rim of the bath. Having said that, the shower was great and the bathroom was clean and had everything we needed.

The staff were really friendly and efficient at meal times and at the bars. Food was buffet style and there was plenty of variety - it always looked attractive and we enjoyed each and every meal. Tried a local red wine - Las Tarajanas - excellent! Entertainment was ok - the band seemed to have a limited songbook but many people seemed to enjoy the music and the dance floor was rarely empty.

There are lifts but these are quite small - they hold six people. Some of the stairs would be tricky for people who do not have good eyesight as the edges are not clearly marked.

Surrounding area was less impressive but if you plan to walk out from the hotel make sure you have comfy shoes - it is quite a way.

Room Tip: Choose sea view as the inland view is not at all attractive
1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We've just returned from another great stay at the Riu Palace Maspalomas. This was our third stay, although the first time we've spent two full weeks there.

I don't give excellent rating freely, but once again the staff and management excelled. If anyone wants to learn about customer service and how to make guests feel welcome and relaxed, then the Riu Palace Maspalomas can teach you a thing or two.

From the moment we arrived at the reception where, as usual, we were welcomed by a very polite member of the team - a team that very rarely changes, demonstrating the way this hotel manages to retain staff - we knew it was going to be another great stay.

Our sea view room was central and on the second floor. The third floor is better if you can get it, but we weren't worried. The first week was reasonably quiet, or in other words there was no early morning rush to the pool beds. The second week was much busier and our usual spot on the area jutting out towards the dunes was difficult to get to unless you're up by 6am!

That aside, the food in the restaurant was again exemplary along with the service. Attentive and reliable.

Normally there aren't many children at the hotel and it's generally an older clientele. However, there were one or two families there, but that wasn't a problem.

If you're looking for somewhere with guaranteed sun, a relaxing atmosphere with great service, then the Riu Palace Maspalomas is the one.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor sea view if you can.
2  Thank OB7