This was our 6th visit, and 2nd visit this year. We arrived on our 28th Wedding Anniversary. We were greeted with a glass of cava, and the porter, who after checking in took our luggage to our room. We booked with Monarch Holidays, and could only book a street view room so we had already e-mailed about upgrading to a pool view. The extra charge was paid direct to the hotel, 7 euros per person per night, so for 3 people 294 euros. I think the street view rooms had a lot of building work outside of them. The pavements and roads are being upgraded.
The hotel was excellent as always. The staff are all wonderful expecially Eva, Christian and Ursula, (the manager). Also Fatima, Romano, Louis (Pool Bar), provided an excellent service. We asked for some robes, more pillows and BBC was not working on our TV, all were sorted out quickly and efficiently. In fact all of the staff including cleaners and pool service were professional and courteous. They also recognised us from our previous holidays.
The food and drink were of a high standard, with different themes most nights, including Chinese, Mexican, etc. There was always a carvery and show cooking in the evenings. The desserts are so lovely, and my favourite was the penguin cakes. On my last day Eva, came to our table and brought us all a plate full of them.
As recommended by Ursula, we also drank lumumba, which we enjoyed.
You can hire pool towels for 10 euro deposit, you can hire the safe for 2 euros a day.
There was daytime entertainment for all ages, including french bowls, table tennis, darts, rifle shooting. There was also evening entertainment.
Yet again another wonderful holiday with great food and drink and management who will always go the extra mile to provide all holiday makers with an excellent service, that is why so many people return every year just like us.
We are planning on going back in March for our birthdays and in August for our wedding anniversary.
A special thank you to Eva, and looking forward to next March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria