We stayed at this hotel recently and where do I start without being overly enthusiastic. We have stayed at a number of different types of accommodation in Gran Canaria over the years and have always had a great time but this hotel really did meet up to high expectations. The hotel is in a prime location for the beach, Yumbo centre and the Kasbar centre which is in walking distance.
We arrived late into the evening and met with a very pleasant Spanish female receptionist who was extremely polite and helpful. We were greeted and offered a glass of sparking wine whilst we were swiftly checked in. This was a small touch which makes a difference after a flight with a transfer. Reception staff offered to take our bags to the room whilst we went for dinner, although being as nosey as I am; I just wanted to scout out the room. Our room was on the lower levels and it was lovely. The room was very spacious and clean. The room had robes, clean towels and a complementary supply of showers gels etc. The room lead out onto the enclosed balcony. This then led into well cared for gardens, which was great for us. However, having met some other people their rooms where equally nice overlooking the pool.
It did not end at that, the dinning area was equally well designed, although as most of us are creatures of habit we seem to want to eat at the same time then the dinning area would get a bit crowed, but the waitering staff were great....no problem to big and all had great personalities and made every effort to make our holiday experience a welcoming one. The food was outstanding and there was a great deal of variety, with the chiefs cooking away in the background. There were no snack between breakfast and lunch, although I could eat no more after the variety of food for breakfast. Lunch equal great and at about 3pm there would be waffles and cakes which were delicious after a day of sunbathing.
I can not forget the resident singers who made our after dinner experiences full of fun. They are brilliant entertainers; especially the female singer who gets you up dancing and with the great services you can drink away in a very relaxing atmosphere. There was also visiting entertainment ever night which were fab and the nights just flew by, so staying in the hotel was great.
The day was very relaxing. You can get two large pool towels for a deposit of 20 euro and you can have them changed daily...save a little baggage allowance so don't bother taking towels. The hotel poolside staff where excellent. You want a sun bed, he would find you one with no fuss and he was very polite and friendly. The pool area is very clean and despite some reviews complaining about space and our European friends it was nice to try to chat with people who had limited English, but I must say we did not met one rude person and it was lovely to hear the different languages. The bar staff were very friendly and they work the all inclusive service very well, often getting to know you so being served was great and no wrist bands.
The cleaning staff visit your room daily and every day the room would be cleaned and again they had great personalities with a sense that nothing was too much trouble despite being very busy they will give you a "hola" and even help if you trying to find facilities. The facilities were very good with games daily, a tennis court and a gym.
Overall we had a cracking one week’s holiday and now wished it was two especially at this hotel. We got what we pay for, if not more from the staffs’ excellent customer service. We will definitely go back to this hotel, recommend to our friends and if you want a great holiday and just relax this hotel will offer you the services, great customer care and a great environment to have a fab holiday in Gran Canaria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria