“Fantastic stay”

MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for our 2nd time for 10 days in May. We were very pleased with our experience. There is no noise from the casino and on the 4th floor we had WiFi in every room except the bedroom. These apartments are in a great location, excellent facilities and the staff are very friendly. The receptionist, Lester, was particularly helpful in advising us on things to do in Gran Canaria.

We will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jon H
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comment:)

I would love to meet you on your next stay! And if you didn´t write me before please do it, my emial: laura@grupomur.com

Best wishes and thank you so much for your commet!

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I love this hotel! We had 5 nights here, half board, from 28 April. The location is good, next door to the Souk-by-day and glorious-den-of-iniquity-by-night Yumbo Centre, and only a pleasant stroll away from the fabulous beach. The staff were always cheerful, helpful and friendly. The room was better than we expected; a lovely, bright sittng room / kitchenette with balcony overlooking the pool, a very clean shower room and a bedroom at the back. Towels were changed regularly, but don't rely on the hotel supplying your toiletries; the only 'freebie' in the bathroom is a single bar of soap. The kitchenette was well-equipped, with a decent fridge, kettle, coffee machine, toaster, microwave etc etc, and there are a number of supermarkets close by for essentials. As other reviewers have noted, there is no air-con in the rooms, but judicious opening of windows at the right time meant that there was a pleasant breeze through the apartment when needed! There was some road noise at night, but after fully exploring all the opportunities offered by the Yumbo's bars, we were sufficiently tired enough to get off to sleep quite easily.

The pool area is very pleasant, and immaculately kept. There's the usual 'towels on sunbeds at the crack of dawn' nonsense (why, WHY do people insist on doing this??!), but it never seemed to be a struggle to find yourself a sun-lounger. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Breakfast is served from 8am - 12 noon, and dinner from 6.30pm to 9pm. It's buffet-style, but this is no vast spread where quantity rules over quality, as is often the case. The food was fresh, tasty - perhaps, as another reviewer has commented, a little on the cool side - but there was always a tempting choice. I could have eaten the chocolate mousse every day for the rest of my life.

The local bus service is efficient, and cheap in comparison with the stupid prices we pay for public transport in this country. We had a day trip to Las Palmas, and used the 66 to get to and from the airport at the start and end of our holiday. Stopping right outside the hotel, and costing 7 euros for two each way, this was a much cheaper option than an airport transfer. It's only a 30 minute journey too. We were booked on a very late flight home and were grateful for the opportunity to have a late check-out for 20 euros. We checked out at 7.30pm, effectively giving us an extra day's holiday for next to nothing, and meant we avoided spending our last day wandering around like refugees.

Thank you so much to the staff at Buenos Aries for a relaxing and very enjoyable week. We hope to be back later in the year.

Room Tip: Don't bother with an airport transfer, catch the 66 bus instead!
1 Thank NeilMH
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review:)

I´m more than happy reading how good was your time here!
I hope you will be back soon and I hope you can write me before you buy yor tickets, so I will try my best in giving you the best deal:)

My email: Laura@grupomur.com

And thank you:)
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What a fantastic place to stay the staff are really friendly and helpful, this is my 6th stay excellent location. Yumbo centre just across the road and a short walk to the beach.will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor 4 or 5
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for leaving your review:)

I´m happy reading that you will be back soon:)

You can write me an email and I will try my best offering the best deal:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just got back from a week in gran canaria where we've stayed at 2 different hotels in the past. This is the first time we've been to the Buenos Aires and it won't be the last! We stayed half board and the food was okay. Could have been a little hotter though but good enough. Rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was lovely. The staff couldn't do enough for you! We had a late flight and managed to get the room kept on for a good 7 hours extra for 20 euros which meant we weren't wasting a day hanging around with our suitcases. There was also a room to put our suitcases that was locked and only the reception had the key to it. We accidently locked the safe and couldn't get into it but it was sorted by reception within half an hour and never cost us a penny. All because I left my mobile phone in the safe and it interfered with the electronics. Tip: don't put mobiles in the safe unless they are switched off! All rooms faced the pool which was good and we had a separate bedroom too. Some noise from the road outside in the morning but to be fair there were road works going on and it didn't spoil it. The main point for us was the distance to the Yumbo centre which was literally a minute away and at night you can't hear anything from it! Will definitely be staying here next time we come as it was good value for money.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to face the pool. No air con but we didn't need it and I think they rent out fan...
3 Thank carbonfrozen
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your review.
And thank you so much for your lovely words.

If you need anything for your next booking, don´t hesitate in contact me anytime by email: laura@grupomur.com

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Have stayed here 3 times now, on every occasion it has always been spotlessly clean, very nice staff, rooms 100% perfect and the location is superb! If you're planning a trip involving the Yumbo Centre or the beach which is only down the road, this hotel is well worth paying the extra for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew S
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review.

For your next time, please contact me directly and we will find the best deal for you:)

My emial: laura@grupomur.com

Brighton, UK
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Not much to fault here for the money they charge it is excellent value especially given location! Would stay again if its available! Just bear in mind there is no air con if visiting in peak of summer!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Signature82
Thank you so much for your nice review:)

We don´t have air con in the rooms...but we rent fan in peak summer and whenever you want for 2€ day.

I would like if you could contact me directly for your next booking, I will try to get the best deal always for you:)

My emial: laura@grupomur.com

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Cant fault this hotel , lovely atmosphere. Staff obliging. Loads of loungers round the pool . Next to yumbo centre but no noise at night. Casino as you go into hotel but never seemed busy. It was my birthday when I was here and got flowers and a bottle of fizz from the hotel left in my room

4 Thank JenB04
Thank you so much for your lovely comment :)

I would appreciate if you would like to come to be in contact with me directly by emial: laura@grupomur.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Ingles
#6 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Bungalows Club Maspalomas
Bungalows Club Maspalomas
#14 of 217 in Maspalomas

Been to MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!