“Very central location, very clean.”

MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very central location, very clean.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here in the first week of September as a solo traveller. First impressions were good, the receptionist was friendly and spoke English and check-in was quick and painless. The room was very clean and tidy, basic but comfortable. I was pleased to see there was a kettle, toaster, and microwave as well as an electric hob - all clean and working. There was also a coffee maker but I didn't use this.
I was surprised to find the fridge empty as when I have stayed in similar accomodation before they have always left a complementary bottle of water in the fridge. I managed to get the the shop just before it closed though (I arrived late in the evening) and the water is cheap enough that it's not a big deal.
The bed linen and towels were clean and in good condition, no marks or rips as I have found in other apartments of the same price range, and the maid service was excellent. They cleaned the room every day except Sunday and left the place spotless. Towels and linen were changed regularly through the week.
The beds were comfortable enough and despite the proximity to the Yumbo centre I didn't have any issues with noise. I did get in quite late every night though as I made the most of being so close to the Yumbo centre.
The pool area was very clean and the pool is a decent size to swim around in. Fortunately it wasn't too busy when I was there so didn't have an issue finding a spot to put the sunbeds. Every apartment here has a balcony over the pool area as well.
The pool bar seemed reasonably priced and the staff were friendly but I did most of my eating and drinking in the Yumbo centre. There are enough places to eat and drink within walking distance that you never have to go to the same place twice so there's plenty of choice.
Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and I think it's good value for money. It's quite basic but you get your money's worth.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel to groups, couples, and solo travellers, especially if you intend to visit the Yumbo centre a lot. It's a good ten minute walk to the beach but taxis are cheap enough if you don't fancy the walk and there's a bus stop right around the corner with buses to all over the island so it's a good central location if you intend to do some sightseeing too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a short stay here for 4 nights from 17th October 2013. Great location adjacent to the Yumbo Centre so handy for nightlife. I was impressed by welcome from reception staff who spoke excellent English (does make a big difference to a stay when staff are friendly and approachable). I must have missed the point I have read in other reviews about use of gym at other hotel - if I had known I would have used that facility. Looks like rooms have been refurbished and there was a new sofa in mine. Several television channels available - mixture of Spanish and German channels, music channels and BBC news. Rooms were kept clean. The bed was certainly firm. I stayed in room 202 located over a casino. Music was played from about 8pm from the Casino and that might be annoying to some (don't know what time it ended as I was out late every night). Didn't use the restaurant. Pool and poolside clean and inviting. I would stay here again but would ask for a room on a higher floor away from the Casino.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the casino
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your comment.

I´m glad that you have enjoyed your time with us.
Regarding the gym, yes, as we are the owners of the Neptuno Hotel and it has a gym, all the clients from Buenos Aires are welcome to enjoy the gym anytime.

If you want to come back and request a high floor, don´t hesitate to contact me by emial: laura@grupomur.com
And anything else you need, at anytime.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week from 12th October to 19th October as group of five between two rooms. The rooms can accommodate up to 3 but is a bit of a squeeze. I picked this apartment due to its proximity to the Yumbo centre and having stayed before.

Beds are quite hard and uncomfortable. Also lack of air con in rooms meant it was uncomfortable at times. Lucky to have really hot wether all week.
Our saving grace is the rooms are cooler than the front of the apartment. The rooms do back into the main road so noisy at times with the window open. Was woken early in the morning a couple of days, bins/bottles being collected.

The pool area was very busy and struggled to find space for sun beds. Doesn't help that everyone reserves them with towels to only come and use them half way into the afternoon.

The rooms were cleaned/ towels changed regularly. Hotel in general is kept in good conditions and rooms well equipped.

This hotel is great if your wanting cheap accommodation close to the Yumbo. I would say hotel is suitable for couples, gays and singles!

I would stay at this complex again but probably would stay in alternative accommodation price dependant on my next trip to Gran Can.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for leaving your review.
This is best way to improve our services, knowing what are the clients thoughts and experiences.

Regarding your comments about the beds...Maybe you should ask the reception or maybe before your arrival that you wanted a soft bed...(this kind of things are super personal...) And doesn´t mean that beds are uncomfortable, means that you maybe prefer another kind of matrasse.

We are always open to recieved any suggestion or request on the reception and by emial before your arrival to make the most of your holidays and we try to give our costumers everything that is in our hands.

I would like you to come back and if you need anything you can contact me by email: laura@grupomur.com

Best wishes,
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Just back from staying at this hotel and I think for the money it isn't bad at all. The staff were friendly and the pool area was clean but the reason for yr bad review was the sun loungers at the pool area . The hotel doesn't put loungers out you have to pick your own and place it this meaning they are sprawled everywhere and during the day there is still some loungers stacked which can easily be used but because other residents have placed theres . There is no space left to put some down. This is also due to people getting up at 7am to leave towels down as you won't see them all day until around 2, when they decide to come use the pool side . The hotel needs to fix this also for parents please note there isn't a life guard at the pool.

The location is great and you can go to yumbo very easily and walk down to beach but I suggest a tax back up for the none hill walkers lol .

All in all a good hotel just need to sort the minor issues and beaware we did get a fright from a lonely cockroach in the bathroom but this can't be helped but they are all over the island .

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neilhat
Thank you for leaving your review.
I must say that we know about the sun loungers issue and its difficult to manage. The solution we arrange is to open the pool´s door at 8,30 in the morning, reasonable hour for everybody to wake up and have breakfast and if you want to reserve your sun loungers.

I´m sorry if you didn´t enjoy the most of your holidays beacuse of that.

If you want to come back I would love you to write me directly to my email laura@grupomur.com

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good points: Location Location Location.

Bad Points, bathrooms are becoming tired and dated, On first day we had a combi microwave/grill in room, it didnt work so was replaced with a microwave oven only.

As we were staying self catering we went to Carrefour Atlantico and did shopping worth 60 euro, 2 days later the fridge stopped working, we only realised when all the food went off and i noticed the sides of the fridge and interior were hot. Yes the fridge was quickly replaced but the general manager of the hotel (A Woman who is responsible for this and neighbouring Neptuno ) was very rude when i complained that our food was ruined, to the point she was quite aggresive in the reception area and wouldnt let me get a word in! She is certainly lacking in hospitality and proffessionalism!

Certainly wont be coming back unless improvements made and management attitudes change towards guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark_Gra
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are sorry for the situation. As you know we tried our best to bring the normality back on your holidays.
I hope you could enjoy the holidays you have left afterthe inconvenience which happened.

If you have any further question or request, emial me: laura@grupomur.com

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Just returned after spending 1 week at the Buenos Aries we have stayed at several hotels in Playa Del Ingles the Buenos Aires was by far the best. Clean rooms very good staff all round top marks Close to yumbo center. try for high floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank patricia220450
Thank you very much!

If you want to come back, you can email me: laura@grupomur.com
For anyhting you need:)

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have just returned from 2 weeks in the Buenos Aires, was very impressed with this hotel and will return. The apartment was cleaned daily and was very comfortable we were worried about noise from the yumbo center so requested a high floor, our apartment was on the 5th floor and very peaceful. The food was hot, fresh and a good choice and the staff were very friendly. Pool is big and the pool area spotless with enough sunbeds for everyone. You can use the gym in the hotel neptuno next door free.
Just round the corner is the bus stop and buses run frequently to Puerto Rico and Amadores beach and on the Friday Mogan market is worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for took your time and have left your review.

I´m happy because you have enjoyed your holidays and spend a good time here with us.

If you want to come back, please, don´t hesitate to email me: laura@grupomur.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Ingles
#6 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Bungalows Club Maspalomas
Bungalows Club Maspalomas
#14 of 217 in Maspalomas

Been to MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!