“Fantastic holiday”

Ranked #69 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
UK
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Me and my partner went to the Lacana Hotel for 1 week 15 Aug 2009. Very clean. We went half board breakfast and dinner. The hotel as 2 spa pools and 3 swimming pools 1 for children. The hotel also as a gym outside. The food is ok but it seems to be he same food every night. The entertainment in the hotel is not fantastic. There was not many english speaking people mainly Germans not a problem. The location is good it is quiet but if you like clubbing you don't have to go to far for the bars and night clubs. The beach is not far you can actually get to Maspolomass beach and the wonderful sand dunes if you follow the coast line. We would recomend this hotel to any one that wants to
chill out and relax would go again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dino87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
jade
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I did really like lucana hotel however I found that most of the guests were germans and they were very rude. And they had staring problems!! I thought the food was great with good service. Always food all day everyday can't go hungry. However I did actually fins a hair in my food which slightly put me off. I had a pleasant stay but I dont think I will be going back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jade59
uk
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I were staying at Lucana recently. The hotel was fabulous, roomswere very clean and spotless! Food was good, specially dinners: different everyday. people were friendly, almost everyone spoke English. Guests were mostly germans, but we did not have any problems with that. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UkLmb
exeter
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Myself and my partner went to the Lucana Hotel on 20th June for 2 weeks, and what a fantastic and memeroble holiday it was, we have travelled to many different countries and stayed in numerous hotels over the years, but I must say this was one of the best holidays we have ever had.

The hotel itself was very clean and tidy, I would reccommend trying to get a room from the 4th floor up as the views are amazing. The staff were friendly, some had their off days and were a bit grumpy, but didn't ruin our hols.

Verena the entertainment girl was great, the hotel caters for 80% germans and a lot of them are of the older generation, so the enertainment wasn't up to much.
Verena did alot of activities around the pool during the day i.e shooting, darts, mini golf, ping pong , ,my partner loved it.
In the evening, there was the legend that is Felipe, he does the singing every night in the hotel, towards the end of our hols, we had routines and dances to all his songs - the enterainment is what you make it.

The food was plentiful, we never went hungrey, I think its impossible to go hungrey. So much choice. The all inclusive does finish at 10, but do what we did and stack up your drinks. Once the all inclusive finishes most of the Germans seemed to disappear off to bed, we either went into town, which was only a 10 minute walk up the road, or finished off all the drinks we had stacked up on our table.

We made so many friends on this holiday, not just british but germans as well, one night we all headed into town with Verena ( about 16 of us ) and had a very good night ( hang overs weren't so good in the morning though ).

The pool and spa were lovely, and there was always sunbeds avaliable, the spa is fee including Sauna and Steam room. Go and have a massage, it was amazing.

I can't stress enough what a fantastic holiday we had, we are in contact with all the people that we met during our stay and a couple of them will remain friends for life.

Would I return to this hotel??????? No probably not. Only because I would be comparing it to this holiday and don't think it would be as good, we stayed there at the right time, at the same time as the right people.

Would I reccommend this hotel to my friends??????? Hell yes, but I would be sooooooo bloody jealous.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holidayqueenExeter
Dumbarton
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Im just back from this hotel last night I have never written a review before but have used the site many times. This is a very good hotel both the rooms and the public spaces are tastefully furnished and very clean. I have stayed in many 4 and 5* hotels in the canaries and I would say that this was a 4*+ The rooms all had robes and beach towels and free access to the spa was available. I was there on an all inclusive deal and the food was also very good You would have to be really fussy to not find something to your liking at mealtimes If I wanted to be picky then the choice of liquers was limited.
The staff whilst not over friendly were curteous ,attentive and polite. The canaries generally have many german holiday makers and this hotel is no exception however given I dont speak to anyone on holiday this is not a problem for me The hotel is very quiet so this is not for the very young but nightlife should you want it is only a short walk away from the hotel
Ask for a room on the 9th floor as the views over the atlantic are magnificent

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank smackx03
MANCHESTER UK
Reviewed April 1, 2009

We had a wonderful week in a wonderful hotel, food was excellent, room was excellent, service from some members of staff was good if you tipped them. if you didnt tip they werent interested in you, ALL INCLUSIVE BAR closed at 10pm and then a charge applied for any drinks etc. The entertainment was aimed for the German guests, 95% of the guest are German and they treat you like you are imposing on their hotel. you need to be a early bird for a sunbed at the pool as the germans are reserving them from 7am and they keep them reserved all day wether they use them or not. our room was supposed to be sea view but we could only see a tiny part of the sea but full view of the gigantic hotal opposite that blocked everything. it wasnt cheap to stay there but if you can ignore really ignorant and rude guest then book ahead.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lancslads
somerset
Reviewed March 16, 2009

we have just returned(14th March) from a one week stay in the Lucana Hotel. the hotel staff where all very pleasant and helpful. the rooms where comfortable and clean, although the temperature some days went up to 29 degrees, and there was no Air Con working as they said it was not turned on yet, so some nights where rather warm in the room. But they provided white towelling dressing gowns and large green towels for sunbathing, the spa facilities where very good and not at all expensive, compared to english prices, if you like a massage they where cheaper than the girls on the beach. the hotel guests where mostley older german couples there for some peace and quiet and to use spa facilities. There was no play area for our young grandson and no childrens pool, infact nothing for young children, the beach was just a short walk away, but it had 66 steps down to it ( i counted them) or a very steep long ramp which was hard work with the pushchair and all the usual baggage you need when spending time on the beach, not so bad going down but very tiring coming up, they charged 7,50 e's aday for two sunbeds and a parasol, as my husband and i where with my daughter and her son (3years) we needed two sets, at a cost of 15 e's daily which we found expensive with the exchange rate, but as the facilites for kids where zero in the hotel, and with lots of rather unhappy german faces around the pool, as a three year old active boy can be noisy at times, we felt had no choice, the only other daily entertainment around the immediate area of the hotel was small shops and resturant, plus a small arcade with some pool tables, air hockey and little kids rides, but it had a cambling area full of one armed bandits that was open for the kids to run into, that we where told they were not allowed into, so trying to keep him away from them was a problem at times. The hotel food was really be biggest let down, and we are game to try anything, but it was very repetative, most of the time only just warm, and the products not of a great quality, i.e. instant mash, frozen veg, meats although cooked fresh seemed the cheaper joints, one evening only they had a huge leg of pork which looked great, untill the chef cut into it and it was bleeding very bright red blood, so we kept clear of that. Over all we had a very good holiday, had the weather been bad, dont know what we would have done but walk around shops all day, we could not find any play areas anywhere for our grandson but the beach. So i would say if you are an older couple looking for spa facilities, lots of peace and quiet, and dont mind what quality or variety of food you are offered, or the night time entertainment which was the same couple singing every evening then this is the hotel for you, its a shame really as the staff where all very nice, happy to do there best. My husband and I are both in our late fifties and sixties, but we would not go back to the hotel on our own because of the food and night entertainment. J R somerset

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family