“Winter break”

Ranked #11 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Winter break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Arrived 12th December for 7 nights so far I've found that check in staff on reception need some retraining (male member of staff in particular) in both check-in service & hotel procedures.

Weren't offered glass of cava, were not told about wifi service available, not informed about how the all inclusive service works we felt like the team member could have made us feel more welcome at the hotel. Having stayed at many all inclusive before there is no animation team here only 1 person solely entertaining at nights. All drinks and lunch meals have to be signed for showing a charge to the room which was not explained at check in time nor at meal times, at lunchtimes orders are taken from a menu and not buffet service.

Arriving at 4pm there was nothing to eat there are no snacks provided this basic all inclusive package consists of breakfast, lunch and evening meal, no snacks in-between or service provided for after evening meals. Upon arrival meal times are subject to a choice of 2 sittings that cannot be changed and are an early or late sitting therefore if your on excursions during the day or early sitting you have to ensure you are in the hotel in time for meals, as none are provided after the evening meals.

The hotel suffers from a lack of sunlight due to the design of the hotel sun loungers are limited and often by 10am there is none left. The majority of the neptuno hotel team need to be trained in customer service & given extra training on speaking English. Staff seem to be more friendly and bias towards German and Dutch tourists. Especially as some struggle to understand basic English concerning basic ordering or requests. During our stay I Have been told there is branded drinks, I drink vodka and was told on the 2nd day of the holiday branded vodka would arrive the next day I'm on my 5th day and was told by the barman he doesn't know where it is. A complete lack of customer care and lack of choice of sprints in this instance. I also feel that half board guests and b&b guests get treated better than all inclusive guests.

The rooms overall are a good size and a bit dated. The mini bar in the room isn't part of the all-inclusive package which includes water at 2 euros that we opened thinking this was complimentary. Also the house keeping service failed to knock our hotel door to provide a iron and iron board which was very distressing as my partner as they were lying naked on the bed. No knock on the door and just barged in.

Overall paying for all inclusive for this hotel is a tad misleading if you have paid in previous all inclusive in other hotels and other countries. The location is great and some of the staff seem friendly but again improvements can be made on customer service & using English language.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor pool view as this catches the sun right up till 7pm
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kevin l
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for take your time and wrote your experience at Neptuno Hotel.
I´m just sad because as I can read you didn´t enjoy your time with us...

What I want to explain you is that our staff is profesional and regarding the all inclusive clients, our treatment is the same for all our costumers, we take care of every single person.

However I want to say sorry beacuse of the vodka issue, I undertand that it could be annoying .
But you were right, our all inclusive is special beacuse we offer first alcohol brands also beacuse you don´t need to wear the bracalet and you have the "a la carte" menu.

I´m really sorry if we couldn´t make your holidays..

I give you my email just in case you need anything, you can write me directly at anytime: laura@grupomur.com

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Been to this hotel 6 times and would not dream of staying anywhere else in Playa Del Ingles.
Always choose All Inclusive , very good value. Great food and very friendly staff. Will be returning Christmas 2013 .The food over Christmas and New Year is fabulous.
Drinks all good brands and bar opens late not like some hotels where the bar closes at 11pm.
Plenty of sun loungers, never had a problem.
Good pool with a slide ! !
Good bedrooms, try for a pool view.
Reception very helpful, all in all a great hotel
Just across the road from the Yumbo Centre where there are plenty of shops, bars and entertainment.
Treat yourself and try the Neptuno Hotel.

Room Tip: Pool view is best to request
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank susie37
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving this amazig review from us.
I´m glad that you enjoy a lot the Neptuno´s Hotel.

And thank you again for choosing us as your hotel:)

Looking forward to having you here in Christmas!!

Kind regards,
Joensuu, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, nearby C.C Yumbo. Food was excellent, but restaurant was way too full of people. Rooms were clean, friendly staff. As located in the city centre, nights were a bit noisy every now and then. Pool area was well maintained, clean.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Petri L
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your review.
For us is really important to know how the stays were by our costumers.

Regarding the noise we are changing all the glass doors to soundproof the rooms.
We already have changed half of the hotel and we hope to finish it soon.

If you are planning to come back you can contact me directly at anytime: laura@grupomur.com

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I returned from staying at the hotel on the 30th November 13, From the beginning to the end my whole stay was amazing. The staff were professional at all times, both friendly and always on hand to help if I ever needed anything. My partner joined me a week later and he also was very impressed like me. It was my first stay not only was the room spotless. it well positioned and very comfortable. Staying there on half board was great and both at breakfast and the evening meals had so much choice, the food was always served hot and very tasty. Working in the travel industry, Im a very fussy person, however the Neptuno exceeded my expectations through and through. Well done to every member of staff because you truly made my stay a fantastic one. I will definately book again. Richard and Lance

Room Tip: A South side room is great, drinking Cava in the sunset was amazing
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your amazing review!
I´m more than happy reading that you really enjoyed your holidays and that we made it possible.

So, thank you so much for being so kind and we are looking forward to having you here soon:)

Please, write me an email for anything you need, laura@grupomur.com

Best regards,
montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent location in playa del ingles.Rooms were spacious and spotless..hotel staff friendly and helpful.We stay half board .the food was good with nice variety ..we never left hunger.The hotel offers free shuttle to two different beaches throughout the day.TheYumbo center is right behind the hotel where there lots of shopping ... bars ... shows... music.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike5124
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for leaving your review.
As you know for us is really important to know how the stay was for you to improve ourselves.

So, I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your time with us.

I hope to see you again,
For anything you need you can contact me by emial: laura@grupomur.com

Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Thanks all at the Neptuno for another lovely visit. Excellent location in Playa Del Ingles, the staff are great, very friendly and recognised me from previous visits.
I was allocated a room on the 4th floor as requested.
The food was as good as always, and I did not struggle to find something I liked at dinner time.
Housekeeping staff were friendly, and always gave a cheerful 'Ola!'
This was my 5th visit, and I have just booked again for March 2014.

Room Tip: I always like to have a high floor room, but all rooms with a pool view are fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your review and being so lovely.
I will spread your gratefulness to all Neptuno team:)

We are looking forward to having you here in March again!

I leave my email in case you don´t have it: Laura@grupomur.com

Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Have just returned from a one week stay on all inclusive basis and have nothing but praise for this excellent hotel. As soon as we walked into our room we had bath robes and slippers for us and chocolates in our room.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and we had a superb bathroom with walk in shower. The rooms are cleaned daily and special care is given to small touches which is impressive. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.

I liked the fact that this is an adult only hotel so you have no children running around. The swimming pool and pool side is impressive, clean and classy. Lunch on the pool side terrace was very welcome and the staff do anything they can to make your stay special.

The restaurant is very nice but as the hotel was fully booked it was busy. The selection of food was good and there was a lot of variety. My only constructive criticism would be that it would be nice to have more selection of fresh vegetables to offer.

The bar was lovely and the drinks were all very good. The bar staff are very professional. What impressed me was that you do not have to wear a wrist band when you go all inclusive.

If you want to be a secluded quiet location this hotel next the Yumbo centre is probably not for you, but for us being close to all the bars and entertainment was ideal. The balcony in our room was lovely.

All in all this is an excellent hotel and I fully recommend it to anyone wanting a luxury stay next to the Yumbo centre. We made some lovely new friends and will be definitely be retiring again soon.

Well done to all the staff who make this hotel a very pencil place in my heart.

Room Tip: Request a pool side room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 54Daniel
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review.
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your trip and your stay.

Regarding the constructive criticism, I will spread the word:) Thank you for have mention it, as you know every single point is really important for us. It is one of the best ways to improve ourselves.

We are looking forward to having you here soon.
Please, write me an email whenever you want/need. Laura@grupomur.com