“Another great visit”

Ranked #11 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Another great visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Thanks all at the Neptuno for another lovely visit. Excellent location in Playa Del Ingles, the staff are great, very friendly and recognised me from previous visits.
I was allocated a room on the 4th floor as requested.
The food was as good as always, and I did not struggle to find something I liked at dinner time.
Housekeeping staff were friendly, and always gave a cheerful 'Ola!'
This was my 5th visit, and I have just booked again for March 2014.

Room Tip: I always like to have a high floor room, but all rooms with a pool view are fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your review and being so lovely.
I will spread your gratefulness to all Neptuno team:)

We are looking forward to having you here in March again!

I leave my email in case you don´t have it: Laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Have just returned from a one week stay on all inclusive basis and have nothing but praise for this excellent hotel. As soon as we walked into our room we had bath robes and slippers for us and chocolates in our room.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and we had a superb bathroom with walk in shower. The rooms are cleaned daily and special care is given to small touches which is impressive. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well.

I liked the fact that this is an adult only hotel so you have no children running around. The swimming pool and pool side is impressive, clean and classy. Lunch on the pool side terrace was very welcome and the staff do anything they can to make your stay special.

The restaurant is very nice but as the hotel was fully booked it was busy. The selection of food was good and there was a lot of variety. My only constructive criticism would be that it would be nice to have more selection of fresh vegetables to offer.

The bar was lovely and the drinks were all very good. The bar staff are very professional. What impressed me was that you do not have to wear a wrist band when you go all inclusive.

If you want to be a secluded quiet location this hotel next the Yumbo centre is probably not for you, but for us being close to all the bars and entertainment was ideal. The balcony in our room was lovely.

All in all this is an excellent hotel and I fully recommend it to anyone wanting a luxury stay next to the Yumbo centre. We made some lovely new friends and will be definitely be retiring again soon.

Well done to all the staff who make this hotel a very pencil place in my heart.

Room Tip: Request a pool side room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 54Daniel
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review.
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your trip and your stay.

Regarding the constructive criticism, I will spread the word:) Thank you for have mention it, as you know every single point is really important for us. It is one of the best ways to improve ourselves.

We are looking forward to having you here soon.
Please, write me an email whenever you want/need. Laura@grupomur.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel super. Employees are very friendly the food is very good. Non children also a very a nice thing. Close to entertainment center yumbo back entrence available. I would go again and I would also say go yourself. Not very good for disabled people lots if little stairs. The fitness area is old that is minus for me.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your review.

If you need anything for your next booking you can contact me by email: laura@grupomur.com

Looking forward to having you here again:)

Prenton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Absolutely lovely hotel! The staff were friendly, the all inclusive was excellent, the food was lovely, the cocktails were flowing and best of all not a child in sight.

Spotlessly clean.

We'd been recommended this hotel and stayed in February and weren't disappointed. It's got a really nice vibe and both guests and staff were fun to be around.

Best holiday we'd had in a while so we're going back this week to have some winter fun. We've booked for March next year already as well!

5 stars!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much!
I´m happy reading that you feel at home and feeling good vibes with us:)
This is one of the main important points for us.
Also the cleaning, food, facilities, etc..but when you feel at home is when we arrive to our goal.

Thank you so much and we are really looking to having you here soon.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my 4th time at the Neptuno, slightly different from my previous visits as I stayed solo and not with my friends who had to stay elsewhere as the Neptuno was full. Arrived to a swift and warm welcome from the reception staff who offered a glass of cava, a much appreciated token. I especially relish the open air corridors at this hotel, no claustrophobic long dark corridors here, lovely marble floors, nice pictures on the walls and tasteful furniture dotted around with lamps placed on various tables which are switched on during the evenings which makes a great ambience. I have stayed on all sides of the hotel and this time was on the second floor at the side of the hotel overlooking an apartment block. This surprisingly to others is my favourite spot, although I have never had a night where upon I couldn't sleep due to noise this side is especially quiet. Rooms are clean, modern and spacious. Nice bathroom with hairdryer and complimentary gels etc and to top it a shower head that changes colour...feels like showering under disco lights loved that! Super sized bed, very comfortable. TV with lots of channels and radio are also provided. Good sized balcony with new rattan style furniture is on offer and a massive bonus a hotel that allows you to keep the air con on all day whilst you are out!!! No having to insert the key card to activate it....just turn the dial and leave it on...What a relief after a hot day out to return to a cool room. I celebrated my Birthday whilst here and found wine, fruit and chocolates in my room so a big THANK YOU to the Neptuno for that. I didn't use the pool but there seemed to be ample sunbeds and it did seem a tranquil place to relax all day. I had heard visiting solo you may have to have dinner seated with someone else I did find this a little unappealing but I was very fortunate, I was seated with a most lovely lady whose conversations and company I will treasure ...so I THANK NEPTUNO for this practise. Meals will suit anybody the choices are incredible all buffet style and everything cooked and presented to perfection. I don't normally single out a member of staff but Nana who works on the breakfast grill was simply wonderful....she smiles at everyone and is the most courteous girl nothing was too much trouble. I watched her glazing croissants and putting them in the oven and she was still smiling to herself...now this is a girl that enjoys her work and is a credit to the Neptuno (I'd snap her up and have her work for me in England for sure!!!) The familiar faces I see whist staying here says it all really....All corners of Europe return and no wonder why this is a truly special place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Beekell7
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comment.
I´m more than happy reading your review, Thank you so much, our aim is make you feel at home.

We are looking forward to having you here soon again:)

Please, write me for your next booking or anything you need: laura@grupomur.com

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks for the first time could find no fault with anything staff excellent in every way I never stopped laughing with all the wonderful people I met big thank you Neptuno for a wonderful holiday

• Stayed November 2013
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your comment.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your holidays with us:)

Looking forward tohaving you here soon:)

Please, write me if you need anything: laura@grupomur.com

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Neptuno for a week in October 2013. Initial impressions were not favourable as our room wasn’t ready upon arrival, this was soon sorted out and we enjoyed a complimentary glass of champagne during our short wait. Our room had a pool view (the majority do It seems) had air conditioning and was bright and clean, although the decor and fittings were starting to look a bit tired and the bathroom tiles could definitely do with being replaced. The daily maid service is very good, the bed linen is changed regularly and towels are changed daily if required. The hotel staff were very good and all were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. There was a quiet and relaxed atmosphere during our stay which is perfect for guests who just want to chill out in an adults only environment. We stayed on a half board basis, both breakfast and dinner being served buffet style. The food is plentiful, of a good standard and quite varied. Chips, pasta, salad etc are available most days to accommodate the less adventurous guests palates. The pool area is pleasant and clean and there are plenty of sun loungers available – rooms are supplied with complimentary pool towels and foam sun lounger cushions which are a welcome touch – I would have preferred these to have been located in the pool area though so you didn’t have to carry them from and to your room. The hotel is about a fifteen minute stroll (downhill) to Playa del Ingles beach, and is perfectly situated for the Yumbo centre, which is just at the back of the hotel and is easily accessed via the locked back gate using your electronic room key. There are bus stops and a taxi rank at the Yumbo if required. Do carefully check your bill when checking out as our bill included a bottle of wine and a bottle water which we hadn’t had, when the reception checked the restaurant drinks slip they realised another guest had signed the wrong room number. All in all we had a thoroughly enjoyable weeks stay at the Neptuno and would recommend it to anyone. We will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashwill1966
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving your comment.
I´m glad that your experience got better and better and you want to come back:)
I know our staff is amazing and friendly and they make of our hotel a really special place for our clients.

I´m happy reading it and I hope you will contact me for your next booking:)
Laura@grupomur.com