“Finally an all inclusive hotel that works!”

MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Finally an all inclusive hotel that works!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I came here for our Honeymoon for 2 weeks and tonight is our last night. I have been to Playa Del Ingles 4 times now and have to say, this hotel is the best so far. No hassle, great food and proper drinks. No cheap stuff! You want vodka they give you Smirnoff! The quality was great. Cleaning great and welcome was amazing. When we checked in we walked into our complimentary Champagne (on ice) and romantic rose petal display on the bed. So sweet! To say its so close to the Yumbo Centre, there was zero noise...amazing. I'm finding it hard to find anything wrong with this place (bathrooms need updating but understand that's being done soon). You get proper sized drinks (not rubbish baby plastic cups) on all inclusive and the food you get at lunch was amazing! I really don't want to leave this place but all good things come to an end! Thank you Neptuno for a fab 2 weeks :)

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank LisaBeth2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back from a week at Hotel Neptuno and what a fantastic time I and my partner had. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beech and right next door to the yumbo centre, which was great for a gay couple like ourselves. From this,the hotel is very diverse with a mix of straight and gay couples. Furthermore, the hotel is adults only so the pool area is rather peaceful.
Food in the hotel was fantastic, if a little different, with plenty to choose from in terms of main meals. However, it was disappointing that the deserts were the same most nights and were mainly savory or wobbly.
We stayed in room 413, the room was clean and basic and the aircon was a godsend. The room was definitely not a four star room, more of a general 3 star. Therefore, i think the hotel could do with some room refurbishments in order to match the 4 star rating the hotel proclaims.
Overall, a decent hotel and we will come back again.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance to request a room. I recommend a top floor pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 131PatrickD
Laura I, Community Manager at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good morning, really thank you for take your time and wrote as your impresions about the Neptuno Hotel.

I´m glad that you enjoyed your holidays with your partner and you mention and you will come back:) For the reapiting costumers we have some advantages. If you want to book again do not hesitate to contact me: laura@grupomur.com

About the deserts, I will tell the chef that should cook/serve different deserts everynight, I love dessert too:)

And about the furnitures and the room that you metion, we are changing the bathrooms and all the fornitures are news in the rooms. I´m sorry if you got a room that you didn´t expect or you didn´t like at all. We are remodeling little by little, I hope you could enjoy more the 4* hotel the next time:)

Looking forward to see you soon.

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 13, 2013

this is our second stay in neptuno hotel. we like its location across the street from yumbo center.
there are free shuttles by the hotel to the main beaches.
the staff are kind and very eager to help.
the room is very nice and the balcony is big and u can see the swimming pool from it.
another great plus -no children! :)

Room Tip: ask rooms that you can see the swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eyal S
Laura I, Community Manager at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your great overwiev about our Neptuno Hotel.

Do you know that we have some discounts for the repeating clients?
Do not hesitate to contact me for the next time! Laura@grupomur.com

Thank you again and hope to see you soon:)

Laura.
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just returned from another great holiday at the Neptuno (22nd June - 6th July). This is my 6th time at the Neptuno and won't be my last.

Holiday got off to a good start with booking into the Sky Lounge at Glasgow Airport - why not I'm on holiday after all. Its worth the money if you like a few drinks before you take to the skies - wide selection of alcohol/tea/coffee/crisps/snacks etc.

Flights with Jet2.com were fantastic - booked extra leg room seats but didnt really need to as the standard leg room was absolutely fine. In-flight meal was good and the staff were attentive - no complaints at all.

Speedy check in at the hotel and we were given the same rooms we had on the previous 2 stays (I emailed the hotel in advance to request them and they kindly obliged). We arrived after 10pm and the hotel had prepared a salad meal for us which I found to be a good touch.

After our meal we then went to the bar for a few drinks (as you do!). One of my previous reviews mentioned the poor attitude of one of the bar staff who seemed to favour half board holidaymakers who "paid" for their drinks - it was as if he didn't understand that us being All Inclusive meant we had paid in advance! Anyway, it was if he had a personality transplant this year - extremely friendly and totally different from last year. Most of the staff remembered us from previous years and the service we received was top class. If you give the bar staff a tip you will never have an empty glass and a lot of the time they even brought our drinks over to where we were sitting. Might not be able to do this if the hotel is really busy but it was appreciated. All the staff are friendly and the domestic staff work very hard in keeping the rooms clean.

You'll also see the resident cat "Neptuno" - there are a few cats around the pool but he is the only one allowed into the hotel and does appreciate it if you take some cat treats for him. He'll remember you and come up and give you a miiaawwoo if he sees you at the pool, ha ha.

Hotel also has free wifi - just get your login andpassword from reception.

Breakfast is good, freshly cooked fried eggs or an omelette with bacon along with a selection of meats, cheese, juice and anything else that you could wish for.

Lunch is served at the pool bar - I recommend the prawn cocktail and the garlic sizzling prawns. The pizzas, steak, chicken are all cooked to perfection and I had no complaints.

Dinner is at 6pm or 8pm (you choose your sitting) and its buffet style - again a wide selection and over the 2 weeks I wasn't disappointed with the selection. Last year and one of my previous years, guys were told to wear long trousers for dinner but this time they relaxed the rules and allowed dressy shorts. It's as if they change the rule whenever they want as the rules have been different over the years.

Entertainment is ok but you tend to make your own at night - there is a weekly pianist, karaoke, singer and its good for a laugh if you join in. A few of us took part in the karaoke, got up dancing and one night a crowd of us even started singing Christmas songs in June - think it was someone singing Wham's Last Christmas that set us off - everyone joined in and we all had a laugh.

We met a number of nice people in the hotel - either at the pool during the day or in the bar at night - everyone is so friendly. It's a gay friendly hotel so there's a mix of gay/straight/singles/couples. Its adult only which is also a bonus - to be honest, kids don't bother me as I've stayed at many 'family' hotels - it's the parents bawling and shouting at the kids that does my head in but it was equally nice not to have screaming kids running round the pool and restaurant.

While we were there I was asked if I'd take part in the filming of a promotion video to be posted on their website which I did - happy to do so as I had no complaints.

I think the hotel is going to be undergoing some refurbishment as I heard that some baths had been replaced with walk-in showers and while we were there, some officials were taking photos around the pool bar and trying out some new recliner chairs at the pool.

At night time we would normally have dinner, have some drinks in the bar and take a wander over to the Yumbo through the hotels private gate - if you go, you need to visit Coco Loco - its just a bar but has great music, great atmosphere and 2 poles if you want to try your hand at pole dancing! Centre Stage is also worth a visit as is Ricky's Cabaret Bar - its also nice to find a seat in one of the bars on the ground floor and just people watch.

On a final point, if you're looking for something different then you should book an evening at the Music Hall Tavern - it costs 49 euros which includes transport to and from the venue, a 3 course meal with free beer and wine throughout your dinner and a show (the show is a mixture of drag acts, singing and entertainment). We went along and managed to recruit a few fellow holidaymakers from the Neptuno (who we'd met on a previous visit) and thankfully they all enjoyed it too - you know who you are!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank john_boy_scotland
Laura I, Community Manager at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much being so kind.
We work everyday to give the clients the best service.
You were right when you mention some people were taking pictures, we are going to change some things at the pool, we are changing stuff the whole time to get the costumers the relax and the quality they want and they deserve.

Did you know that booking through our website 10 nights or more you get some benefits?
Like: free transfer, direct payment, free safe and Free cancelations until 24hrs before arrival.

I hope to see you soon, and one more thing, we have a photo contest on our FB page, you can get a whole week for free in the Mur Hotel of your choice. Good luck and try to get a new holidays for free:)

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked through a tour operator, got top floor as asked for and was pool facing. Room exceeded my expectations and the balcony was a good size.

The noise is not nearly as bad as some reviewers have made out, if you stay near the Yumbo you would be deranged if you expect no noise.

I used to stay in Maspalomas but will now stay in Playa on future visits. The hotel was nice, the activities on the roof were not really my thing but each to their own. There was a mixed crowd of all ages.

Room has a mini bar and air con. My air con leaked but I was not too concerned, the mini bar however was not well stocked.

Some of the staff were lovely but one or too were not very welcoming on occasions but we all have bad days.

The water slide was good for cooling down, however if you want a good seat by the pool you must be up early and your towels may be moved!

The breakfast was reasonable, dinners were at set times but a good selection, the pool bar has a great selection of food and the drinks selection was impressive.

I would go back without question, not good if you are prudish or uncomfortable with gay men being open with their sexuality. But if you are not comfortable with the same then that is your problem and not theirs in my opinion ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jonsie90210
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Currently enjoying a good two week stay at hotel neptuno. The rooms now have upgraded balcony furniture which is lovely. Staff as ever friendly and very welcoming. Food good with plenty of choice and the hotel is very quiet at the moment. An exceedingly well run hotel , comfortable and a very good location. Weather lovely. The hotel will do their best to get your preferred room if you email them in advance. This is my 14th time at this hotel and love coming back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank philmanchester
london
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Gran Canaria was very quiet when we there and is obviously in a deep recession. The Neptuno hotel is a good basic three star hotel. It is clean. We went all inclusive and found the lunch time meal much better than that served as the main evening meal. The food at breakfast and evening was served rather cool and the main meat was rationed. The waiters are obviously missing their tips with a lot of people being all in. It was a good overall budget hotel. If you want more than basics go somewhere else. They say there is entertainment but it isn't really up to scratch.

Room Tip: Overlook the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ooreiley1
Laura I, Community Manager at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for take your time and gave us your opnion about Neptuno Hotel.
I´m really sorry if you didn´t enjoy your holiday at all.

Our all inclusive include a la carte menu and international brands for drinks and even you don´t need the bracalet to let everyone know that you are in all inclusive.

However I feel that you were not really happy and I´m really sorry for that.

Best regards,
#3 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Melia Tamarindos
Melia Tamarindos
#5 of 19 in San Agustin

Been to MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!