MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
$184
$251
  • Pool
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
$91
  • Pool
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
$270
Sol Barbacan Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$147
$133
Melia.com
$78
$75
Hotels.com
IFA Buenaventura Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$117
$114
  • Restaurant
Cordial Biarritz Bungalows(Playa del Ingles)
$148
$139
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Don Miguel(Playa del Ingles)
$157
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
ClubHotel Riu Papayas(Playa del Ingles)
$227
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
1,408 results
All reviewsyumbo centrebreakfast chefglass of sangriagran canariapool areagay friendly hotelevening mealfruit basketeggs baconhalf boardmini barstraight couplesreturning guestsgay menbuffet styleall inclusive optionhead waiter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Been here 3 times now and had another great stay.

Rooms- not huge but a fair size, spotless and modern.
Food- went all inclusive and was worth every penny, especially the a la carte lunch by the pool.
Location- if you want to be near the yumbo centre, you could not get any closer. There is even a gate that leads directly there from the pool area.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed 9 days at Yumbo in Playa del Ingels (I stayed before at Riu Palace, Riu Don Miguel and Los Almendros). The hotel is well located if you want to party in Yumbo centre like me, this is very gay friendly, no children (this is the best of all even if I love my nephews). Food is ok but a bit disappointing. Limited choice and almost no spanish local food. No Paella for example in 9 days.
The pool is great, only used it once or twice as i still prefer the beach. The staff is friendly but this is the case in most hotels in Canarias that i've done so far.

I think the room needs soon a refresh as the floor and the bathroom were a bit used and I appreciate a super clean bathroom always.

Will definately go back I think except if Riu Don Miguel is at the same price or cheaper as the food was better and location great too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gregous
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hotel clean,tidy and very welcoming.Staff very friendly and helpful.Hotel room was spacious and modern in decor(to my taste)and very comfortable.Restaurant was a bit cramped for the amount of people using it hence 2 sitting time.I being a single traveller did not mind being placed with like minded people by the Maitre De.Food was varied and I liked the way they had a Lady cooking the eggs/bacon at Breakfast in the morning.Dinner was good food was hot/not quite as varied but sufficient.Room was cleaned every day to a very good stsndard.All the staff went out of their way to ensure that we enjoyed o ur stay at the hotel.My compliments and thanks to all the staff for their endevours. The only downside to my vacation was the travel arrangements.I traveled from Brackla,Bridgend to Cardiff airport(No Public connections.I not being a driver):and arrived at my hotel at midnight on the 10th after leaving home at 2.30pm.On my return I vacated my room at 12.00(as is the norm)and had to linger about the hotel/town until I was collected at the hotel until 21.00 hrs for transport to the Airport for flight at 23.25 hrs arriving at Cardiff at 03.30 and reachng home at 05.00 am.I had taken taxis from home to Airport and the return home.As I was on a H/B package via Flexible trips part of Thomas Cook,can they and other Tour operators try to make our travel arrangement a bit easier in getting to/from airports particulary flight slots etc.I only mention this as at the moment Cardiff airport has at the moment a very,very limited connection by Public Transport and the only way to get there is by Driving yourself or Taxis. Other than that my holiday was excellent and i hope to return next year to the Neptuno.

Room Tip: Watch the traders in the Yumbo and other centres trying their damdest to sell you anthing and everything.Suggest you only buy what you want and be very persistent in using the word NO.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brian G
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the first time that myself and my partner have been to this hotel (we are a straight couple), and we will definately be coming back. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and very nicely presented. Loved the pool and the food was fantastic, a lot of variety. Very close to the Yumbo centre which we found not to be to noisy once the balcony doors are shut. We went half board but you can go fully inclusive once you are at the hotel. We actually thought that half board was enough for us. Hopefully we will be back there next year

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our previous trips to the Neptuno were in 2004 and 2005, and in the intervening years we have been happy at the Riu Don Miguel across the road. Returning to the Neptuno this year, we had become used to the impressive marbled but modern entrance hall which wowed us on our earlier visits, but will never take for granted the outstanding friendliness of the staff who attended us in all areas of the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for them, and special mention must go to Maria de la Pina, who was our waitress with the most sparkling and cheeky personality. We will not be looking to stay anywhere else on our future visits to Playa del Ingles.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room. Two thirds of the rooms have a pool view. Those which do not may be more quiet, or slightly larger, but may also have some pretty dire views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple