A very good hotel. Worth more than the official three stars it currently has. Well run, spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful service, good food and spacious rooms with plenty of storage space.
In easy walking distance to bars, restaurants and shopping centres but to be honest we were happy after dinner to stay in the hotel, drink at very reasonable prices and enjoy the hotel's own entertainment, which wasn't brilliant but you can't have everything at three star prices.
If you have a hire car, be prepared to be patient in finding a parking space. There is no car park in the hotel but there are free spaces in the street at the back which tend to be harder to find in the middle of the day than in the evening. Not really a problem - I always found a space at the back - you just need to be aware it takes patience.
Third stay now for Elaine and me in a Riu hotel and I'm pleased to say this place keeps up the high standards we've come to expect of Riu hotels wherever they are. We'd come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. 4-Storey building. 1.5 Km from the beach and seafront promenade. Complimentary bus service to the beach. 300 M from the city centre. 200 M from a shopping centre. 30 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Don Miguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Don Miguel Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Don Miguel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria