Checked in 10th December for 7 nights. Check in easy enough. Pleased with our room on third floor. Long trek from reception though. We had a side view of pool. We had the sun from early afternoon until early evening. Sun was up from 7.30am and dark at 7.00pm. A few niggles. First our room, which was bright and airy, I must say. To use toilet in bathroom it was necessary to open bathroom door and then close for access to toilet. Also bath was very small for those who prefer bath to shower. Again we had side view from where entertainment is held, outside. If you like to go to bed early, or read a book or even watch television it would be impossible as music goes on until 11.00pm. Most of the refurbishment in rooms is cosmetic. Though on outside around the pool and outside seating at bar is lovely. Dining room was a bit of nightmare, it was so busy, usually in Riu hotels the tables are set with cups/saucers at breakfast, but you had to get your own. Some of the staff in dining room where really very cheery, special mention to Ana who went out her way to help us get a table for early sitting, when all the tables where occupied. Location of hotel was excellent. Free Wi-Fi around hotel reception though it was not mentioned and we paid for internet connection for our net-book before we noticed different people on their phone checking e-mails etc. The Christmas decorations were being put up while we visited. Everywhere looked very festive even in the new colours lilac and a deep pink colour.We visited Kasbash shopping centre where each night in the square we had live entertainment and dancing. Some dancers very professional. A nice way to pass the time watching all the dancers. Most other reviewers have covered other aspects. Would return if had a bigger room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. 4-Storey building. 1.5 Km from the beach and seafront promenade. Complimentary bus service to the beach. 300 M from the city centre. 200 M from a shopping centre. 30 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Splitty, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Riu Don Miguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Don Miguel Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Don Miguel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria