“Pretty good situation, good service, good price!”

Hotel Servatur Waikiki
Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Situated at 7-8 min from the beach, and 3-4 min from the kasbah (bars), this hotel is pretty well situated, with a car rental in front of the hotel ( the cheapest around 1km). The rooms are not that big and don't have the AC, but they are extremely clean, and the personal is very sympathetic, and professional! The restaurant is open from noon to 1pm and 2 services at 6 and 8 pm with several different things to eat every evening. Several animations during the day and a show every evening! Large pool with around 150 chairs around it. Bar open until 12pm. Maybe to warm in the summer because of no AC and a little bit noisy in the bedrooms. Except of that perfect hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Bratak

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel last night. after reading the reveiws before we left we were quite open minded about what to expect. Getting checked in and i could not fault the staff, soo polite and i asked for a pool view room which they gave me in block c, asked for more pillows ad they were put in the room that night soo fantastic service. I travelled with my mum and dad im late 20s and they are early 50s, and we all said we could not fault this hotel atall, we have all stayed in other riu hotels before as i work for thomsons i know the brand really well. The only critisism i could give this hotel is that the rooms were a little dated, but the fantastic staff and animation team made up for that. I am quiet a fussy eater so i felt like i was limited to the same things everyday but my mum and dad tried everything and really really enjoyed the food and the selection of it. The entertainment was good they done an hour show at half 9, then after there was a disco, but as previous review stated if you like boney m you wont be dissapointed, i think they used the same track list for every nite and it wasnt my kindof music, but all the same we met really nice people that made the night.

The location of the hotel cannot be faulted, short walk to bars and restaurants, mayb a little further to the beach but its not a long walk atall, but they do put on a bus if you rather wouldnt walk.

Went out a couple of nights in pdi but i didnt really find it my thing, im an ibiza twice a year kinda gal but it was ample, i didnt go for a clubbing holiday so suited us all fine, the irish bars are open late, we went to Macjers bar along from the hotel and i really enjoyed that. The yumbo centre and the irish centre also have a selection of nightlife.

Also a great tip for anyone....Go to Garbos, i cannt stress this enough, amazing night out and you wont regret booking it. We booked that and the supercat, again i loved that and would go back on it.

Overall great holiday, weather was hot, but a little cloudy some days but i came back like a lobster so that tells me it was hot.

Staff great, drinks were fab, although the beer didnt agree with me. Food great, honestly cant really fault this, its a 3 star and you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Garbos Dinner show.... cannot be missed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank missxtx
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Spent a week here at Half Term in October 2012, First impressions were quite good as the resort was clean and well maintained. Rooms were small and quite cramped but has everything in them you needed, We had a ground floor room in block E so the extra space around the balcony area was welcome.
The pool area was cleaned regularly too, however they do not allow people to put towels down on the sunbeds before 8am. A good idea really. However one day we had a sudden horrendus down poor and it lasted ages. Myself and my five year old ran back to the room leaving our towels on the bed by mistake. I remembered the next morning and went to look for them, I found one bud some low life had stolen my sons Buzz Lightyear towel. If you read this and it was you who stole it shame on you, I hope your proud of yourself !
The aminaties team were all good, and the staff in the kids club did a fantastic job.
The food was fresh but average, one or two of the staff in the restaurant were quite rude along with one or two of the German holiday makers. Then again I guess some of the British could be too. There was a mix of nations here, German,French, Italian. German being the higher percentage.
Location was a little out, but only a 5-10 minute walk to the center and the beach.
The beer at the pool bar seemed a bit watered down, the beer downstairs in the entertainment area was better.
We enjoyed our week there but probably would not return.

Room Tip: Rooms in block E on the far side back on to the a busy main road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just returned from a week stay all inclusive. Despite the weather perfect holiday, 22 degrees but cloudy and colder at night time. Hotel was clean staff where great and entertainment was excellent, games round the pool, poker, chess, football,volley ball. All ran by young funny entertainment staff. Food was excellent could not fault it something for everyone, fresh and well cooked. The only thing I can fault is the brochure advertised a heated pool in winter and it was not so we couldn't use the pool. I went on holiday with mum brother grandma and 5month old baby and we all enjoyed it. Close to the beach and local shops, irish bars open late also other restraunts although we didn't feel the need to try these. Would reccomend for families to go in the summer to guarantee the weather.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lucymoo27
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a 3 star hotel which charges 3 star prices so if you want more stars then pay the extra somewhere else. Note the majority of guests are from Germany with a smattering of nations from across Europe in evidence, not a problem for us as we have stayed next door at the RIU Papaya so knew this before we booked. We lunched with some Dutch and had a good time, and sat with some German couples all of which were nice, did meet some nice Brits about our age and met them at night for a drink.

This is an all inclusive hotel from RIU and has all the normal RIU characteristic's these are: very clean, very efficient staff, friendly staff and buffet restaurant with choice.

All drinks are classed as local, but local does mean a very drinkable red wine, and more than acceptable white and rose wines, the beer is always cold and good enough. Good selection of cocktails with or without alcohol, water on tap in restaurant as were tea and coffee during breakfast. Soft drinks on tap all day.

It is noticeable that the food options are lower than at a RIU 4 star.
Breakfast is typically continental but that includes good breads, fresh fruits (oranges, kiwi, melon, etc) there were eggs boiled and griddled as well as tortilla, bacon was continental (yuk) with lots of other cheeses, hams, cereals, yoghurts, etc, etc.
Pool bar has a limited choice breakfast and has a limited menu for lunch, cakes in the afternoon. All looked good and convenient but we used the restaurant.
Lunch in main restaurant was the normal soup, lots of salad stuff, breads, griddled meats and fish, various puddings and fresh fruit.
Evening meal which is done in two sittings 18:00 and 20:00 you choose but keep the same table and sitting unless you ask to change, most tables are shared with someone of same nationality. The evening meal is very similar to lunch time but with more choice of cooked food.

Overall the food is very good as you choose what you eat. We always start with a salad and there is enormous choice including shredded veg, mixed salads and bits to top off typically olives, croutons, cheese chunks, eggs with several oils and vinegars.
Two choices of soups which tasted reasonable.
For evening meals there was lots of veal on offer and fish at every meal there was also chicken twice, pork three times, liver twice. There is always several types of pasta. Typically continental veg selection mostly well done which we don't like, always chips with other potatoes.

Room was large enough (B426) high enough to be away from the noise but low enough we could use the stairs. The room had been refurbished recently, they were on the floor below us but we never heard them once. Good bathroom with loads of hot water and towels changed on request. Plenty of drawer and cupboard space, loads of hangers, hard beds but we like that. Room kept very clean. Free safe using a key to match the room key. TV with Sky news and TCM for all the 1960's movies and occasionally other channels had English spoken programmes but we never spent that much time in the room.

Entertainment in day was typical of hotels in Europe, the kids club looked good with the kids following the staff around playing games in the things they made Pirates looked good fun and they looked to be enjoying the evening time music time. The professional juggler was worth watching and the internal team only appeared to play around whilst not-lip-syncing with the pre-recorded show, the only one worth watching was the crazy night when they were allowed to play around.

Overall we got what we paid for, we enjoyed our break and will go back to RIU again if not back to Gran Canaria which has very little to do after the first visit to the Island and this is our third.

RIU are good with customer service we asked for a high room in a quiet location and they managed that without issue. The hotel manager (director) always shows their face in the dining room so you have a chance to speak with the boss, at Waikiki this is a local Canarian woman.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GreyTrippers
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having stayed at a few places in Playa del Ingles that left a little to be desired, I was looking for somewhere to stay on this occasion that would not leave me feeling this way, and I was not disappointed with the Riu Waikiki.

The room was clean and comfortable, and was cleaned daily, despite the fact that on a few occasions I stayed in bed a little longer than most (self-inflicted!)... there was a large balcony too, with chairs and a table, and as we were on an upper level, was pleasant to sit on and watch the world go by.

The pool area was large and clean, and there was never a shortage of sun beds. The poolside bar was also a nice place to sit in the afternoon and have a drink and a snack. The main dining area was ok, although got a little crowded at times as tables were close together. The food was of a good quality, although did become slightly repetetive during the week.

The indoor bar where the evening entertainment was held was comfortable and large, and we could usually find seats to watch the entertainment. The entertainment itself was varied and was enjoyable to watch whilst taking advantage of the good quality drinks served at the bar. The entertainment team were very enthusiastic and put a lot of effort into putting on a good show. There was even a 'disco' until midnight, although the music wasn't really to my taste. Fine if you are a fan of Boney M though!

The hotel is well located for the many attractions of Playa... it is within easy walking distance of the Yumbo centre, as well as the beach and sand dunes. It is also easy to get a taxi from outside the hotel, should you not want to walk anywhere, which are very reasonably priced.

Overall, the hotel was great and I would definitely return. Shame I was only there for a week!

Room Tip: The upper levels are definitely worth considering if you like a view from your balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank st3w4rt
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is situated in a great location, within walking distance to the beach and the various shopping and entertainment areas.

The reception area is light and airey and gives a good impression when you walk in. The hotel is made up of a number of round buildings. The first building, known as A block houses the reception areas and is the one closest to the road.

Checking in was painless, there was one form to fill in. Passports were given straight back and the staff were really helpful. I was impressed when they presented my room key and a key to the safe and stated that it was complementary.

The room I was allocated was in a D block which is away from the reception and on the seventh floor. The room was a reasonable size, extremely clean and the bathroom had a decent shower which actually worked.

The maid service was really good, they kept the place spotless. Towels and bedding changed regularly.

The restaurant is situated between B & C blocks
Upon entering the restaurant for the first time, you are greeted by the head waiter, who shows you to your seat. You are then asked what time you would like your seating for dinner over the next week and are allocated a table for the duration of your stay. The first seating starts at 6pm and the second seating is from 8pm.

On the first night the food was a basic buffet offering a lot of fish dishes along with veal and chicken. A wide choice of salad and vegetables as well.

I wasn't really feeling the food on the first night, but this could have been from the hours spent travelling.

Breakfast consists of tea or coffee and then the choice of cold meats, pancakes, sausages, fried eggs. Selections of fresh fruit and yogurts and finally a selection of breads and pastries.

Lunch is generally a smaller version of the main dinner.

As the week progressed the food generally appeared to be the same. One night I couldn't eat in the restaurant as all the options were fish including the soup. However this gave me the excuse to visit a restaurant that I ate in on my last trip to the island.

The snack bar, which is located behind the terrace bar serves food such as burgers, hot dogs and pizza, which can be a nice alternative to the hustle of the main restaurant. However the food here is the same each lunchtime.

Having stayed at a few all inclusive hotels within Europe, I can say the food is quite typical. It's well presented to a good standard and there is always plenty available, just not always to my taste.

The terrace area is very pleasant, plenty of sunbeds and the staff don't like people reserving beds. If the sunbed is left unattended for a period of time, the staff will collect your towel. Be aware that the hotel doesn't supply towels to use by the pool.

The pool it's self is very clean and the staff clean the pool over night to make sure it's in the best condition for the following day. The only downside is that the pool is not heated. I know that I've visited in late February/early March, but the pool was far to cold for me to use. Apart from the water aerobics the pool was hardly used.

The bar has quite a good set up, if you want beer, soft drinks, tea and coffee you can help yourself. There is always a clean supply of cups and glasses laid out.

Alternatively you can ask the bar tenders who are more than happy to serve these drinks to you along with any other alcoholic beverage you can think of.
It's fair to say that the amount of spirits in the drinks are large measures and certainly haven't been watered down.

For once I actually enjoyed some of the entertainment laid on by the animation team. During the day there was a number of silly games around the pool which attracted the attention of a lot of guests. The evening entertainment was also quite amusing and we did manage to win a bottle of "champaign" in a guess the theme tune competition.

The age range of the guest at the hotel is quite mixed. However at this time of year there always seems to be more senior citizens.

This has to be the best hotel that I have stayed in on the island, and I've stayed in others with higher ratings.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple