hola, just got back from the Riu Waikiki and we had a great time there !
yes the rooms could be more up to date but it was very clean and we booked a pool view so we always sat on the balcony anyway, our beds were ok but you could get a mattres topper from reception there are irons and kettles that you can rent
the hotel staff are lovely and friendly as were all the locals we met they're laid back and chilled out
The FOOD was FANTASTIC and plentiful with loads of choice in our opinion, at breakfast it was changed each day so ham strips then bacon then sausage with fried, scrambled and boiled eggs and a potatoe and egg dish which was very tasty freshly baked bread fruit yoghurts and pankakes Lunch was a buffet salad with a choice of 6 or 7 main dishes again with a salad bar and hot veg and of course chips. Dinner was the same and its simply the best food ive had on holiday !
this hotel is in a great location as well and they have a FREE shuttle bus to the beach which is only for Riu guests and takes about 5 minutes.
This is a popular destination for the Germans and they do outnumber the Brits, French, Dutch and Finnish but we had no problems with the other guests however they're aloofness does take a little getting used to and we were lucky to meet two other great couples from sheffield and finland who's company we really enjoyed and added to our great little break away
the local bus stop is just a left outside the hotel and 20 yards away from here we took buses to Arguineguin which is closest a lovely liitle port that has a market on a tues you can catch a ferry to Mogan from here as the bus ride is not for the faint hearted imagine the italian job at the end where coach is hanging over the cliff edge ! it could of easily have been filmed here, the bus fare was 4 or 5 euro per person single to Mogan the ferry to Arguiegan was 11 euro each and well worth it as it also had glass windows at the bottom of the boat and they stopped threw bread in the water and you get a great view of the fishes then 2 euro bus ride back to playa de inglis. Puerto Rico and Mogan are close by approx 40 mins to 50 mins depending on trafic.
The biggest market on the island is in Mogan on a Friday which was great and Mogan is a beautifully picturesqe harbour village we also had lunch for 2 and a drink each here for just £10
turn RIGHT out of the hotel and 200 yards up there is a super market which was far cheaper than anywhere else L&B ciggys 17.95 euro 26.0 everywhere else, there are also bars like MACCAS 1.25 a pint of lager and loads of tv's showing 4 or 5 different live footy matches !
All in all we had a fantastic time and would go back again in fact im checking out the January 2013 prices now
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Five 7-storey round buildings * 3,500 m2 garden * 1.5 Km from Playa del Ingles beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 500 m from the city centre * 400 m from "Metro" and "Kasbah" shopping centres * 30 km from the airport * 50 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Servatur Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Waikiki Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Riu Waikiki Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Servatur Waikiki Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria