“Unsurpassable”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Unsurpassable”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Incredible service. Sublime food. Wonderful atmosphere - and family-run. Could not have spent a more pleasant evening. And EXTREMELY good value. Lovely touches a welcoming bubbly and sorbet between courses. Cannot rate highly enough

Playa del Inglese, Spain
“not quite French....”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Visited the Bistro with some friends by previous recomendations.
Starters - snails in garlic butter, salmon tartar, mussels in basilic sauce were all excellent.
We asked for later a cheese plate, where they did cut 3 cheese in pieces and served it like this....
no fruits or jam or biscuits.
We were extremely disappointed on the French wine selection offered. The lady offered us a Bordeaux 2 euro wine without any hesitation, the best one of French wine was a 5 eur (purchase price) bottle of Chapoutier and then there was a big Merlot bottle, they poured to every table asking...(would have expected more, with all the French menu and etc...)
And they had only 1 Creme brullet left...
The only thing corresponding to French restaurant was the bill we got....

Would not recommend,
If it were situated on mainland, not on the Island, would not visit again, but having a very poor selection of places here, I probably will visit it again...

Lymm, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oasis in the Culinary Desert”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Chez Vous may be a 10 minutes walk from the awful Yumba centre but well worth stretching a leg to visit. Great food and excellent personal attention. Such a pity that it wasn't full on 2 of the 3 nights we ate there. Kitchen is in touching distance from the tables and ran with calm aplomb combined with wonderful aromas. Menu changed every night and new menu combinations always available.. A smashing little find which everyone should try.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Searching for a good restaurant in this somewhat tacky resort was a challenge...until we chanced upon this authentic French restaurant , which, despite its unassuming exterior, was so superlative that we returned twice more over the following few evenings....something none of us would normally dream of doing. The 21.50 euro set meal had a great many options and each time we ate there, the 4 of us were very impressed at the quality and variety of dish that Ines and her husband were able to offer at such a good price. With a glass of fizz on the house, generous, well cooked portions of food and a free digestif at the end, we were delighted that we had found this restaurant.

Dublin, Ireland
“Traceability,i dont think so!!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

At last, I thought I had found a nice place to dine, but how wrong was I !! Upon my second visit I had the set menu, leg of lamb been the main course, while eating same I found a piece of white plaster tape 6cmx2cm wide, I continued on eating, thinking its just to keep the lamb in shape when frozen,so I showed it to the waiter, who said nothing, I then asked was the lamb sick??, so he and the lady owner took off into the back with the tape. He returned to say, that the tape was for TRACEBILITY!!!! At this point I thought whats the point in arguing, when I knew that this was a lie!!! Even IF it was, it should not have been in my meal !!! If they came out with their hands up said we are sorry, wont happen again, have a drink on us, but no, to add insult to injury, I was presented with the full bill, which I paid in full, never to return again!!! They just want your money, and no apologies ,awful follow up to this incident !!

• Visited January 2014