“Lots of fois gras”

Restaurant Chez Vous
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Den haag
“Lots of fois gras”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

As an animal friend I'd rather not eat fois gras. In this case there is few choice in this restaurant. We had a chicken which I liked, but while we were there there was a lot of reorganising going on, with tables being replaced all the time. Not very professional. Also the guy outside who was supposed to seduce people to come in, was so poorly payed that he asked leaving customers for a tip of his own. I would like more choice, more vegetarian options or small meat portions, the portions per person were huge. (some people like that but I don't)

• Visited February 2012

Braunton, United Kingdom
“A classic experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I took my friend to this 'french' restaurant as he has never eaten french cuisine; a style I much enjoy and was trained in back in the 70's. It was a quiet night, yet there was an ambience and a buzz provided by the chef and his wife and the maitre d' with the interaction of the french speaking (in the main although there were a few other nationalities) diners. We settled for the chateaubriand, a bottle of cote du rhone and were offered a coarse terrine with mustard as a starter....it was delicious. The maitre d' was outgoing and interacted very well with his diners. French was mainly being spoken in which I am fluent, but my friend could not understand a word and I did enjoy the odd joke at his expense. Nevertheless, all nationalities were addressed in their native tongue, as far as I could tell. The chateaubriand arrived, cooked a point, already cut on a plate with some vegetables and accompanied with three sauces. All very tasty, but I was expecting the fillet to be flamed at the table and carved from the gueridon( a table positioned next to the dining table upon which the fillet is flamed and carved) It would have added to the experience and complimented the quality of the fillet. I can recommend the restaurant. The camp maitre d' adds to the atmosphere and is very popular with the diners.

• Visited February 2012
Aix-en-Provence, France
“A must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

A great Welcome the food's fab since the chef Marcel is very efficient and the atmosphere's wonderfull Ines make you feel at home .

• Visited March 2012
San Diego, California
“Magnifique French food in Canary Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Difficult to find because of a lack of street numbering but well worth the trouble. The owners have brought a small part of France here to Gran Canaria. Extremely friendly welcome, attentive service throughout the meal, and great atmosphere.

Now to the food. My wife and I chose to have the menu degaustion which was a first course of house made fois gras, second course of coquilles St. jacque, and the third couse of lamb which was lightly breaded, seasoned, and served with mustard. It was all truly delicious! The menu also included desert. We chose apple tart tartan and a chocolate mouse. Our menus were €28.50 each and we had a Cote du Rhone bottle of wine for €14.80. Total cost was €74.30. We have eaten in Paris several times and must say this restaurant is equal if not better. You will not be sorry!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank elfinforesttony
Belgium
“Promise not delivered”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

We were one of the first to try Chez Vous when it opened last year.

Back then the service & food quality was good and the quality/price ratio acceptable. There was great promise.

However one year later, the food is still good quality but the prices are higher, the nice waiter replaced by an arrogant one who questioned our choices of food and drink and the owners promise (there was a problem last year) was not kept.

We don’t go back.