On the negative side:
1) Most staff did not speak English. Only one did. 2) No 24-hour reception: It opens from 9 am to 1pm and from 4pm to 7pm ONLY. 3) Rooms were not cleaned everyday and towels not always changed. 4) Lots of stairs inside & outside room and also to the beach: I had foot injury outside during my trip so my stay was very uncomfortable. 5) Only ONE English channel on TV. 6) Walls are too thin. I was able to hear my neighbors coughing and moving up or down the wooden stairs. 7) WiFi very slow and unreliable. 8) Almost Every night a nearby hotel had a loud outdoor performance which was not easy to ignore. 9) No bathtub, only shower. Bring your own soap, shampoo and beach towel: they are not provided as you think they would.
On the positive side :
1) Bungalows are still new & well-maintained. 2) Sunbeds always available. 3) Air-conditioners available on both floors of the bungalow. 4) Nice architecture & lovely gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex was fully renovated from the end of 2010 to April 2011 and comprises a total of 36 accommodation units. Facilities on offer to guests at this air-conditioned establishment include a lobby and wireless Internet access.The 2-storey bungalows have a ground floor living room with a kitchen and an entrance porch, a 1st floor bedroom, a bathroom and a terrace. The bathroom has a shower and a hairdryer and provides solar heated water, and the bungalows offer 2-metre beds. They are equipped with a 26-inch screen TV, Internet access and a safe. The kitchen has a fridge, a microwave and tea and coffee making facilities. Furthermore, individually regulated air conditioning is provided on both floors and the accommodation is soundproofed with double glazing. A balcony or terrace features in each unit as standard. This complex features an outdoor, heated swimming pool with a children's swimming area, sun loungers and parasols. Guests can relax with a massage treatment and water sports fans can go jet skiing, diving, windsurfing, banana boating and pedal boating (all for an additional fee). Moreover, sun loungers and parasols are available for hire on the nearby sandy beach. Golf enthusiasts will find the Maspalomas Golf Course just some 3.3 km away (charges apply) and it is also possible to explore the surrounding area by bicycle (for an additional fee). Playamar is located in a quiet area near the beach (about 100 m away). Guests will find shops, restaurants, bars and links to the public transport network all within some 300 m of the property. It is about 700 m to the nearest nightspots and the centre of San Fernando de Maspalomas is around 1.8 km away. It is approximately 13 km to the Gran Karting Club, 14 km to Palmitos Park and 23.6 km to the Pozo Izquierdo windsurfing point. MasterCard and VISA are accepted at this establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Playamar Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playamar Bungalows Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria