“Went with Italian”

Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria with 100% original Italian products and staff. Totally Homemade Pasta and Pizza, Bread and Dessert...a corner of culinary Italian paradise in Gran Canaria, with a nice ambience, great food,marvellous music and easy price...The perfect place for your party,a business lunch, a family meal or a romantic dinner.On our suggestive terrace with swimmingpool with no smoking area inside ...All you want, you can find it here..We are a real circus family.Everybody is Welcome.Your Pets at the terrace as well!
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This place was hidden away, floor area slightly disorganised but food and service was good! Would visit again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Playa del ingles and it was good to be back again: I got a very pleasant welcome from the owners and good advice on their specials of the day. I settled on a mango & Gorgonzola risotto as a main course and then ordered a baked aubergine as a starter, thinking that its modest pricetag would indicate it to be small and light. It was indeed very tasty but filling enough for a main course. The combination of flavours in the risotto was unusual, but they worked perfectly; a real find. Good wine, good mineral water (not always true on Gran Canaria), good coffee. Friendly service, pleasant ambience. All added up to a quiet (most of the clients were outdoors, I was inside) satisfying evening.

1  Thank MartinW_Dublin
Alessia C, Gerente at Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your rewiew,it was really good to see you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

a parte il fatto dell'effetto toscano.... but the pizza and beer was what we needed...!!!
nice and friendly. So...the pizza is a hit. Enjoy and if you are a skeptical pizza eater then you will find peace at this restaurant.

1  Thank Giancarlo C

Thank you very much for your rewiew,it was really good to see you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

In order to eat the best pizza in town al circo stays the best. Personal is friendly too...the decentrated location is not a +

1  Thank Victor B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't like writing this review, as it will find fault with one of my favourite restaurants. All reviews are subjective, and this one is no exception.
I visited Al Circo again in July. As usual, I received a friendly welcome. It was good to be back in their atmospheric little room. The decor is reminiscent of a local trattoria with a circus theme. Family photos, red and white wallpaper, nothing pretentious. Homely in the best sense of the word.
My starter was the antipasti platter. Previously I have raved about it but this time it was a disappointment. The cold meats had been left near a hot source (or left in a hot kitchen for some time) and were warm and limp. The excellent mortadella was no longer included. The previously tasty melted cheese on home-made bread had now an indifferent taste. I noticed the absence of their own confiture which I had so much enjoyed on previous occasions. In compensation there was an over-generous helping of uninteresting olives. In short, the produce was inferior to what was offered in 20012. Unfortunately the same comments could be applied to my main course. I know that I should have said all this at the time, but this is something that I'm very bad at. I didn't want a poor meal to be followed by an argument over what was or wasn't wrong.
There are two things that I've noticed about Al Circo over the past while. One - it has slid down the ratings on TA; it used to come in regularly well up in the top ten. Two - the high turnover in staff. Each time I go there seem to be new faces. Friendly faces - which is one of the things I like about this restaurant. I hope that management will prove able to get this restaurant back into the top ten.

alcirco, Propietario at Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We are really sorry about it,but maybe the antipasto wait a little bit in the kitchen because the restaurant was busy and in july the temperature in the kitchen is around 30ºC.We keep out the mortadella because usually when we served the antipasto people ate everything but the mortadella.We use the same italian products from the opening and we always serve the antipasto with honey and tomato jam.We change only the pizzaman,we had big trouble with him (and now is better then before) but the waiters/owners and the chef are always the same.We glade about your bad night and we are going to do same change to be the best another time.Thank you very much for your rewiev