“Excellent food, price, service & location”

The Red Cow Restaurant & Sports Lounge
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open from 10:00-02:00 every day, we provide all you meals, snacks and take outs for the day. We provide traditional breakfasts and tasty lunches and are famous for our huge main meal portions and amazing steaks. Roast dinners both midweek and Sunday, Pizzas and many house specials. We also have brilliant menus for kids to keep them interested. Another of our fortes is providing vegetarian and gluten free meals and drinks. Plus then providing entertainment in our sister bar, Shenanigans for every evening.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, price, service & location”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

You have got to try this place for the food and service alone irrelevant of the fact that it is so very reasonably priced and it is of a very good standard. We've eaten here several times this week each time has been spot on steaks r superb, pizzas hot n spicy are exactly that----I COULD GO ON, try it yourselves,
It takes less than one minute's walk from the Yumbo centre's main entrance.
Don't be put off by the tv screens or the sports bar aspect as some of us are, really I can't recommend highly enough that you just try it once.

A note to the owners--searching for the red cow online doesn't bring up VACA ROJA, so anyone trying to find reviews aren't gonna fond out how good you are very easily, here's wishing you the best in the future, probably see you again later today.

1 Thank martin b
TeamRedCow, Owner at The Red Cow Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
hi. thank you so much for your review. well done on finding us under our Spanish name. we are hiding on tripadvisor intentionally lol. we were number 1 for so long and it caused us nothing but problems so we are trying to fall off the face of Tripadvisor for now. Other local business were jealous to the extent of posting fake reviews (some of which I managed to remove, others I couldn't) and sending friends in to cause problems as fake customers, on such a regular basis that we decided it best to disappear. we know our real customers love us and we listen to all comments and take them on board and try to improve continuously - all without the aid of this site ! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you'll choose us again if you return to the island.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious lunches”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Came here twice on our holiday to Gran Canaria. The staff are really nice here and helpful. The menu is really varied so be prepared to have difficultly deciding what you want. They offer daily roasts, steaks, grilled chicken and many more.

The price for lunch is reasonable although we did find cheaper but for the quality of the food I am happy to oblige. If you a Mojito lover like myself it is worth checking out the Strawberry Mojitos they make a very good one!

Not somewhere I would neccessarly come down for dinner but great for a nice filling cheap lunch!

• Visited April 2014
TeamRedCow, Manager at The Red Cow Restaurant & Sports Lounge, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. next time do try us in the evenings, the meals are top rate and the restaurant ambiance changes too to make the switch from snack bar to restaurant, plus we have Shenanigans downstairs for all your entertainment needs. I do agree the mojitos are gorgeous. so, once again, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to us and thank you for taking the time to review us
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, great service, definitely recommend!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been to Gran Canaria 3 times, and every time we visit the Red Cow restaurant and Shenanigans fun pub that is situated downstairs from the Red Cow.
I cannot recommend these places enough! The Red Cow has a great selection of food and cater for many diets - vegetarian, gluten free etc. I have always found the food to be of great standard, and have never been disappointed. All very reasonably priced, friendly staff and sports and soaps on the TV.
Please also visit Shenanigans downstairs at night time for quizzes, karaoke, games etc - guaranteed to always make new friends and have a fun night.

• Visited March 2014
South West England, United Kingdom
“Great steaks.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had a job finding this to review. It's called RED COW on the street and VACA ROJA on here!
Anyway - brilliant and huge steaks. Fillet was the best ever. The sirloin very good. And excellent value.
Many people would pass it by on the street as it doesn't look much but it's well worth giving it a go. I doubt you'd be disappointed.
Personally I didn't enjoy the TV in my face. I wanted to enjoy the ambience and polite conversation and peas as a vegetable I find pretty boring but the whole minor niggles over an excellent steak meal.

• Visited March 2014
Evesham, England, United Kingdom
“Fab Staff and great food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I ate here twice during my stay having a club sandwich and cheesy fries and then the second time and hot and spicy pizza. The food portions are massive great value for money and all the staff members are lovely and very helpful. The football is readily available here to and they are very willing to put on whatever match you want to watch even if its not advertised.

• Visited February 2014