“Treat like royalty!”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Treat like royalty!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

we were made to feel like past of the the family from the minute we walked in. Elmi and his staff were warm welcoming and willing to go that extra mile you want when we go for holiday. When i mentioned to Elmi i liked steak he went out and bought me the biggest and best cut i ever had which was cooked perfectly and came with all the trimmings. We popped in for lunch one day and didnt end up leaving till four in the morning. I would like to thank the yellow rose for there hospitality and would love to re visit in the future. Thankyou again ant and Amy.

• Visited July 2012

Bournemouth, England.
“OK, but not really up to much.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Eating out with a friend and we didn't have a lot of time so went there as it was close by. Inside TV playing football and music also playing. Outside, quite but plastic garden tables and chairs the cheap sort you'd buy in B&Q. Sat outside not to have to put up with football. House Red Wine weak as water, I suspect it was the stuff from a tetrapak.

Saving grace was the starter, their go on Canarian Potatoes with Mojo sauce was excellent. Served on a sizzling cast iron dish, with the sauce hot on top. They were great, and worth buying there as a snack in passing. The mains, both pizza were thin and crispy but the dough was made from poor quality flour and the toppings were not good quality.

It all sort of echoed the surrounding run down dated feel the Gran Chapperell has so, no plans on returning really unless I need a potato fix.

• Visited January 2013
North Yorkshire, England
“Excellent value: a great holiday restaurant”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is an attractive place on one of the main roads in Playa Del Ingles. They do things simply but very well. I had a T Bone steak which was very good; my wife had a Fillet Steak which was better. The House White wine was inexpensive but entirely fine and the service, particularly from the attentive and enthusiastic proprietor, first class. This is how to run a holiday resort restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
plymouth devon
“lovely food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

often visit this place whilst at Gran Chaperal the food has always been very good and the service fine with friendly staff

Visited September 2012
Braunton, United Kingdom
“What is 'poopoo' in Spanish”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The last time I visited I found the food okay and acceptable. This time I had prawn cocktail without the prawns being de-veined. I did it myself and ate most of the food. Christina asked if ok and I told her no. Could not remember the spanish for 'anal canal' and just said too much 'poopoo' and pointed to the mound on the side of the plate. The steak was good as usual. We did wait 45 minutes for the starter and then 25 minutes for the bill and no apology from the chef!!

• Visited October 2012