“Great atmosphere & very friendly staff”

The British Bulldog
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere & very friendly staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visited Gran Canaria for the first time this November 2013, such a lovely place, certainly will not be our last.
We were drawn to the British Bulldog due to the name and the friendly staff that were welcoming guests in.
We were made so very welcome by all the staff there and my partner was pleased to see that football matches were being shown reguarly.
The atmosphere was so good during the day, we decided to go back in the evening to see what else they had to offer.
Live music was playing of which was excellent but also had a touch of comedy in between songs which went down very well with all the guests.
We would recommend it to anyone visiting the area, prices were all very reasonable and we continued to return several times during our stay.
We met all the staff there who were so friendly and made us feel very welcome!

See you next year guys! X

Kyla & Chris (Somerset)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kyla112

• Finnish first
Playa del ingles
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Gran Canaria for a number of years but never been to this place as the name put me off. But this time around I have been here 3 times so far and found the food quite good. The burgers are excellent.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jamie H
Grafton Regis
“Breakfast/Lunch”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was staying at Barbados and fancied a breakfast one morning, so I popped down to Bulldog, I sat down and was greeted by the waitress who gave me a menu and asked if I would like a drink, I immediately said I'll have the breakfast, which came with coffee and orange juice, the coffee came straight away, piping hot, I then waited, and waited, I noticed the chef coming back with a bag from the supermarket, then I waited.....eventually (about 35 mins after I ordered) my breakfast came, it was ok but, the fried eggs were hard, I'm not complaining but I did wait a long time, and had the eggs been cooked slightly less then it would have been acceptable, I've had better here before, it wasn't busy at the time either.

1 Thank M16HEF
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Standard British bar”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Can't say I understand why this place is rated so highly other than doing typical British food from back home. The people that run the place were lovely and we were warmly greeted. However the food was pretty average. Guranteed to show the football though which was appreciated but we didn't stick around for the xfactor...

1 Thank DayH12345
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommend Great Food and Ambience”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just back from week in Playa Del Ingles, my friends and I came here every morning for Breakfast and drinks at night, great food can't fault it.but what makes this place even better is the staff and the welcoming atmosphere they create with top notch service.....Sole serves breakfast in the mornings and is charming and always gives great service with a smile-best tasting breakfast on the island, Paul the waiter was very friendly and attentive....we enjoy this place so much we have been coming here for several years and its nice to be remembered...lastly but not least Linda who has probably the hardest job, front of house - to meet/greet and entice you in but with buckets of personality and charm she does just that......for great tasting food, friendly atmosphere and excellent customer service visit this fantastic restaurant/bar

2 Thank john45belfast