“Excellent tandoori food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: telephone numer +34 928 761 260
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

This tandoori restaurant has a somewhat inconvenient location, in the old Jardin del sol shopping center. The food however is excellent, staff is friendly and the outside dining tables are cosy, situated underneath the palm trees.

Definitely worth the short taxi trip from the beach.

There are newer reviews for Poornima

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love a good curry and you can't go wrong with eating in Poornima. I've tried other Indians in Playa del Ingles and none can compare. I eat here at least once a week, sometimes more.
The restaurant is clean, and the kitchen is open and you can see your food being prepared if you care to take a look.
staff are excellent, attentive and can recomend a dish that you might like to try.
There is an excellent menu with choice for everyone with chicken, meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. The naan breads are fantastic. My fave the Lamb Samosas are a great starter.
Plenty of choice from the drinks menu too with Good quality Beers and wines. Including kingfisher on tap.
Not over expensive and definatly not cheap and nasty. I never mind paying for good quality food and this is top notch!!

1  Thank MARCUS41next42
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Poornima is definately the best indian restaurant in Playa del ingles. Most of the other indian restaurants are fake.

From the restaurant you can watch the chefs prepare your food.

It can be very difficult to find vegetarian food in Playa del ingles. Poormima is like heaven for a vegetarian. They have a huge selection of veggie dishes. I especially recommend their Palak Panir, spinach and indian panir cheese in a fantasticly tasty sauce.

They have take away service. Nice prices. A main dish, naan bread and basmati rice for like 10€.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A year since our last visit, we were not disappointed to have our dinner in Poornima. The interior has been somewhat renovated, and is more appealing. The food: Nice as always. I had a veg curry which tasted lovely, it was not strong in taste. My husband had lamb tikka, it was very nice but could have had a sauce with it. Rice and nan were good, as well as the indian tea and gulab jamun to finish off the meal. Yes, I would come back here.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have been a regular satisfied customer of this Restaurant, however on my return Jan 2013 , I was told that they now had new owners. Well we were totally dissapointed with the food, and I am sad about that, as this was my favorite Indian Resturant bar far. I have a feeling that they are using prepared ready made Sauces , and certainly Frozen Cauliflower florets. If I had been blinfolded and tasted my food, I would not have been able to say I was Eating a Curry !!!. Great shame the new pwners never kept on the Chefs from the previous setup. The prices are reasonable if you get food that you can eat !,, The staff were very friendly, but if you cant cook and provide Indian food you have a problem