“Lovely, welcoming staff”
Review of Restaurante Reno

Restaurante Reno
Cuisines: European, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurante Reno, formerly known as á la Mummo, offers an experience to diners that will urge you to return and try our other dishes. Our cuisine is International-Scandinavian 3style with a touch of Spanish spicyness. The reindeer meat (reno in Spanish) is imported from small producers in Northern Norway and it is always the top quality. We make sure that our suppliers have always the best for us so we can provide you a pleasure every time you enter our restaurant. Our Staff wishes you pleasant moments !
Zurich
“Lovely, welcoming staff”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I wanted a vegetarian meal and thought that Nordic countries should be good at that, so went along to "a la mummo", which has received so many recommendations on TA. Before my dinner arrived the restaurant presented me with an attractive little cream cheese mousse and fresh bread. For starters I ordered a Caesar salad, as one reviewer had been ecstatic about it. Now, a Caesar salad is pretty ordinary fare and nothing to get excited about. But this Caesar salad was memorable. Then I had a spinach risotto with mushrooms. It was good but a little disappointing. It became very "samey" after five minutes or so. Coffee was not as good as it should be.
What made this restaurant special for me was the staff. They were, without exception, genuinely friendly and made me feel really at home.
Now for the negatives. Service was unpardonably slow. Seemingly endless delays in presenting me with a menu, in taking my order and in arriving with the food. Now I know that one of the reasons that I, and other northern Europeans, come here to Gran Canaria is to unwind and experience a bit of timelessness. But this was beyond all reasonable limits, particularly in a restaurant that was less than half full. As I'm griping about things, let me add that the outfits that the unfortunate staff had to wear were horrendous. They looked like cast-offs from the inmates of a 1950's psychiatric hospital. Drab brown, depressing, shapeless garments.
If I were rating this restaurant solely on its food, I'd give it three and a half stars. I'd then reduce it to three stars for the poor service management and finally raise it to four stars because of the delightful people who work there.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Still great”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We read the reviews from last year, but this was still one of the best restaurants we tried in Playa Ingles. I recommend the salmonilla espana

2 Thank poseitun
“Best restaurant in Gran Canaria!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We absolutely LOVE this restaurant!! This is our 5th time in gran canaria and eat here every time, often twice in the wk. the food is amazing, really beautiful :) couldn't fault anything. Staff are really friendly, beautiful decor, relaxed atmosphere, couldn't recommend enough!

4 Thank Adelewoods
stuje1
“Amazing food and great cocktails!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped here after a recommendation from a local coffee shop owner (Cafe Rokoko...also a place I recommend) and we were very happy with our decision. My girlfriend and I both started with the caesar salads (hers with Salmon and mine with goat cheese). It was honestly when of the best caesars I have had (both of us kind of wished we got the larger version and had it as our meals). I also ordered the escargot in garlic and blue cheese and the sweet potato soup and my girlfriend ordered the spinach and goat cheese ravioli. All that cheese was very rich to say the least, but all was delicious. Very good meal at a reasonable price. We also asked the bartender to make us watermelon mojitos (they hadn't made them before) and they came out brilliantly (we ordered multiple rounds)

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank stuje1
whitley bay
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great reviews justified, what a find, good food at reasonable prices. Staff very friendly, we went there twice, steaks recommended

Visited September 2012