“Tasty steaks and tasty side dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of el poncho

el poncho
Ranked #111 of 376 Restaurants in Playa del Ingles
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: see: http://www.qype.co.uk/place/368125-El-Poncho-Steakhouse-San-Bartolome-de-Tirajana
Farsund, Norway
“Tasty steaks and tasty side dishes”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

4 person ordering 3 different dishes. Roquefort steak, kebab and filet mignon. I had the first one it it was fantastic. Tender and tasty. My two kids had the filet mignon and ate like I have never seen before. My mother had the kebab (meat on a skewer) and she was happy with her dish.
Price on the high side, but food and service was really good. If you are fond of roundabouts and bus stops you will probably love the view :-)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Josvald

• Finnish first
“Surprisingly good.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We just wanted a good dinner with nice service and this place delivered just that. Both the meat and the fish were nicely prepared, and the service friendly. Nice environment with proper setting. A good experience.

1 Thank Nilmak O
“Worst Meal Ever !”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I cannot comprehend how this restaurant has slipped so badly. We have been coming here 2 or 3 times a year since 2003 and have never had a bad meal, sometimes they got the order wrong and bought more wine while they recooked the meal with the correct order and the meal we had on the first night of our holiday was good... HOWEVER the second time we came in and ordered the same meal we have always ordered everytime (other than the visit 4 days earlier where we tried something different), no we are not simpletons ordering the same dishes everytime, it was simply because they were the best versions of these dishes we had eaten (and we eat in burger joints and michelin starred restaurants). The second visit was catastrophic, sloppy service being ushered down to the lower part of the restaurant when there was plenty of tables up front. Then the food arrived, my Rib of Beef was the most flavourless piece of meat ever.. it tasted of plastic like it had been cooked in a wrapper and the wrapper then peeled off, except it hadnt been cooked- I ordered it medium rare and it was not rare it was raw- blue I can cope with but raw is inedible. To add to this it was full of sinew and the waiter saw me trying to chew and then having to spit it out clearly upset that a special meal was being ruined. It had no flavour at all. When the waiter came to clear the plates he made no mention of the car crash on my plate or ask me whether the meal was ok and for that reason he made history as the first waiter I havent tipped. We paid and left.... dreadful and I fully agree with the review earlier on. As a contrast stand outside El Poncho and look over the road at the Italian, with the guy outside trying desperately to get you in, but you resist because it looks like a tourist trap- BUT GO, it was some of the best pasta I have ever eaten and they clearly know how to cook.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Westernparkboys
Oslo, Norway
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good food and service and nice surroundings. Located a little bit outside San Agustin in Anfi. We willrecommend this restaurant

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jan-Erik J
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very nice”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The meat was delicious! We were two adults and one child (10 y.o.) and the staff was very nice and attentive.

Good prices considering the quality of the restaurant and the food. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited December 2012