“When it's good its very good....”
Review of Bei Lelo

Bei Lelo
Ranked #145 of 385 Restaurants in Playa del Ingles
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a tricky one. I've eaten here on many occasions and the food has always been really tasty and well presented. But the service varies from highly efficient to almost being ignored.

On a recent holiday (May 2013) we ate there twice. One occasion we waited over half an hour for our starter and after that another long wait for our main course - by which time we were so fed up we ate it in a hurry and left - which took away a lot of the enjoyment of a relaxing meal. The restaurant was not busy on this evening either
To give Bei Lelo credit where it is due, they did give a free glass of wine and an apology.

On the other occasion - the service was first rate. Quick, accurate, friendly - everything to make an enjoyable experience.

So if you are happy with the 'mañana' type Spanish attitude (even though this is a German restaurant!), are not in a rush and understand that there may be a wait for your food, then go there - the food is worth it. You might get a good night when its all speedy!

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had some nice times here and food is generally good although on more than one occasion have placed my order with the waiter and then 20 minutes later the same waiter pops along to ask us for our order? This has happened also when trying to pay the bill. Staff always friendly though and as were on holiday there is usually no issue with regards time but would say that overall its focus seems to have slipped s little. Will be back though.

1  Thank LeighCoventry
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After a great dining experience at Miramar Yumbo and a challenging breakfast at Windsor Garden (although it was cheap), the Bei Lelo is a German restaurant with outstanding service and food quality - we had the veal with extremely over-sized asparagus and new potatoes which was very tasty as were the friendly waiters.

1  Thank RayChapmanHastings
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Bei Lelo has been a regular attraction for us for almost 20 years, although that's hard to admit. Just eaten here again tonight, earlier than usual. Nice to see that they've updated the seating, but the same enthusiastic service and excellent food. Our favourite is the fillet steak, the best we've had anywhere in the world. Slight niggle is that smokers and not seggregated from non-smokers. That personal pretence aside, I strongly recommend that you eat here, you won't be disappointed. The best time to go is after sunset when the atmosphere really hots up.

1  Thank iglossop
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stumbled upon this place because I fancied a hearty meal and the restaurant was obviously German-themed and also pretty full. The waiters were friendly and soon had me seated. I was torn between two main courses and the waiter without hesitation recommended the rump steak - not my favourite cut, but I thought I'd give it a go. I also ordered a starter of mixed salad. About 5 minutes later, I realised that the main course also came with salad, so called the waiter over. With no complaints, he immediately cancelled the starter for me, and even smiled in the process. So the service was really excellent.

There was what seemed an endless wait for the steak, but when it came it was really one of the best I have tasted in a very long time. Portions were large, with crispy fried onions and saute potatoes, as well as a large side salad. I was very glad I had cancelled the starter!

A largeish glass of Tempranillo set me back all of €2.50, and I left the place totally satisfied. Oh, they also have free wi-fi !

3  Thank musoruss