“Enjoyable food, shame about the smokers”
Review of Bei Lelo

Bei Lelo
Ranked #145 of 385 Restaurants in Playa del Ingles
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Bei Lelo is always busy which is a testament to how much the food is loved here. It is good well prepared international food with German specialities. The waiters are pleasant and entertaining. They are prepared to help you through the menu if you are unsure what you want to eat. There is a lot on the menu and daily specials. When it is busy there is often a wait for service and an occasional lost order. Food is not always attractively presented but there is plenty of it. Take care with some of the starters. They can be big enough for a main course.
The one disappointment is the smokers. As the main part of the restaurant is outside, smoke is blown in the breeze which is intrusive if you are eating and neighbouring tables with smokers have finished. It is a large restaurant so it would not be too difficult to have smoking and non-smoking areas, thus satisfying those who want to smoke and those who are offended by it.

1  Thank Robfoolery

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was good - the Gänsebraten was on special this week and I have to say it was very good! Just like I've eaten in Germany. Big portion. Had Gambas al Ajillo for starter which was also tasty. If you're feeling like a nice bit of German nosh while you're in Gran Canaria they've got all bases covered. Fun and friendly camp waiters - good for a meal before hitting the Bärenhöhle!

2  Thank TheBigKoala
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and i are Just back from 2 weeks in Playa de Ingles and the best restaurant we found was the Bei Lelo in the yumbo centre. we returned on three occassions and had nothing but a great time.
we even spent the evening on the Euro Cup when Chealsea won and we celebrated with the German Owner
On last evening we took other people from our complex and they made all of us very, very welcome and we all agreed it is a great place
Go there and try

1  Thank robert m
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The staff were pleasant. The food was ok. We had the garlic prawns as our starter, they were so over cooked it was like chewing on rubber. One of us had the schnitzel which was very good, I had the pasta which had no flavour and had burnt bits of something that we are not sure what it was in it. When I mentioned it I was told what did I expect they are busy in the kitchen. I can't say that I would visit again.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

going there since ages. Food is german = pork, pork, pork.. Service is mainly good since the hired staff is trained for it by a always bad humored german husband of Lelo, Karel. If you don't want to eat spanish, if you like big schnitzel , salads and pommel frites, go. The served food is good and the price is ok....., waiters are appealing

1  Thank Olivier R