“Very nice place!”
Review of Taberna La Cana

Taberna La Cana
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went from Playa del Cura by local bus and found this restaurant with the help from a guidebook from our travelagency (swedish) and had no idea, we were just interested in tapas. It turned out to be an excellent experience, very good food and good service. I can agree with a former writer that they actually would not need the girl at the front that immediately talked to us and helped us inside. But beside of that the place is to be redommended! No overprices for that kind of food and you better be starving, lots of food!

• Finnish first
“Brilliant food and service”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The restaurant was right next to our hotel, stumbled across it on the way out on our first night, ended up going back there after everywhere else in playa del ingles looking AWFUL. The food was incredible, the staff were really friendly and genuinely wanted to talk to you rather than trying to get their hands on your money like everyone else in the resort.

During our two week stay we ate here around 6 times, I you're in Playa Del Ingles for a week, or a day it's definitely worth a visit!

Venezia
“Please, don't spend your money and time!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We decided to go to La Cana after reading good reviews in Tripadvisor for our last dinner in PdI. When we arrived in this place with some reconstruction on the road in front, there was a girl who stopped all the passers-by and invited them to come in this restaurant, it was quite annoying (it's a shame to have a "call girl" for the restaurant with such prices, in the good restaurant people will come by themselves).

I went to this place with the idea to eat the lamb, I read that they had it in menu. When we made the order, it turned out that there was no lamb available (it's another shame for the restaurant with such prices). It took other 5 mins to choose smth else. Finally we ordered salad with goat cheese and palm sauce, prawns fried with garlic (10,40 euro) and caldereta pescado (18,50 euro) (seafood with tomato sauce made in the oven), garlic bread, 1/2 L of Sangria (9 euro), 1 glass of wine, 1 caffe. Totally 53 euro.

The salad was with sweet topping (this palm sauce or whatever it was), sweet tomatoes, nuts, cheese and tadadadammm - both marinated and fresh cucumbers, which were disgusting and had nothing in common with the rest of the salad!!! Remembering this, I still have this terrible taste in the mouth. Bueee...
The prawns with garlic were overcooked, they were very hard. Shame for the cook.
This "caldereta pescado" was without any taste, there was even not enough salt. And for sure the prawns were overcooked again. No comments.
Just sangria was ok.

I mean, for the place, which positions itself as a restaurant with a real spanish cuisine, where the prices are quite high, the food should not be so disgusting!! They can not survive just with tripadviser, "call-girl" and menu in 100 languages. It's better to find a good chef and to offer really delicios plates. I'm really surprised with some reviews like "Pure exellence".Ahahahah))Pure exellence there was just in the toilet)

2 Thank bondik
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Pure excellence!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you are looking for great food, great service and value for money please look no further!
The staff here were probably the most helpful in any restaurant we visited in the resort.
Many thanks to Sergio who also kindly went out of his way to help with our hotel problem.
See you in April for sure!!

Cardigan Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best food in Playa Del Ingles”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived in Gran Canaria at around 10 p.m. on a Saturday visiting my daughter and her partner. We were tired and hungry and Taberna La Cana was the closest restaurant to where we were staying. How lucky we were as we ate here when we arrived and again on 8 other evenings. The food is wonderful, the staff were really helpful as I have Crohns Disease and have to be really careful with my food. The waiter was really helpful and spoke with the chef who made slight adjustments with my meals to cater for my needs. The meals are so reasonable in price, extremely tasty and suited both my husband and me. I would heartily recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Playa del Ingles and can not thank them enough for making our stay so good. I have had so many problems with food on holiday that I was really nervous but I totally enjoyed every meal that I ate here and had no problems at all. They deserve the highest praise that I can give them and get 10 out of 10 from me on every level. Great staff, great food, really reasonable prices and a lovely wine to go with it. What more can you ask for!!

• Visited September 2012