“Busy Restaurant”

Martel House
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Desde 1981, el "Restaurante Martel House" ofrece a sus clientes una amplia carta que abarca los principales platos de la gastronomía canaria e internacional. Situado en pleno centro de Playa del Inglés, en la 2ª Planta del C.C.Yumbo, podrás disfrutar en nuestra amplia y soleada terraza de una gran variedad de desayunos, saborear nuestras deliciosas carnes frescas flambeadas o a la parrilla y degustar la mejor selección de vinos de nuestra bodega. También ofrecemos pescados frescos, fabulosas paellas de pescado y mariscos, gran variedad de entrantes e infinidad de platos que no dejaran indiferente al paladar de nuestros clientes.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We walked around the Yumbo Centre and found this restaurant was by far the busiest. Friendly staff a really good greeter front of house and quick service. Both myself and my wife went for the Argentinian Steak. One was fine but mine was like leather. It was really hard to cut it and chewing it was impossible. They did offer to do me another one but after chewing the two pieces I did manage to cut off my jaws were aching so much that I felt I couldn't eat another one. After around twenty minutes we called the waiter for a sweet, I had a melon split and my wife had a rainbow both excellent and more than enough. Over all it was good apart from one steak.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

All I can say is I was discussed with the service we received as we went on valentines day and was rushed from start to finish! One of our party even had his plate taken before he had finished.

1  Thank RogerSatchell
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Place was only half full so seated and drinks served within five minutes . We ordered starters and mains and were promptly served . Food was nice enough and servings large , especially the salads . We were in a group of eight and when a couple of us had finished our starters we were served whilst others were still eating starters , not great . After a while two who were eating salads were served there mains , whilst still trying to finish starters . They had there plates taken away . The food was good for the price and portions ample but it was a little rude and so unlike anything we had known before . It was our last meal out before returning home early the next morning and just out a little downer on the event . I enjoyed my food though , perhaps the others were just slow eaters

1  Thank ParrotBimingham
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Food without any character. Undercooked dishes. Fries were very fatty. Service good Spanish quality. Two points for that!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely staff - greeted me like a friend when I returned. The inside ( non - smoking) area is much more smart attractive than the outside terrace which is quite tacky. Its very busy, but the staff are attentive. Try to choose more local type dishes like octopus starter ( huge!) mixed fish, or mixed meats as they are better than the international options. Portions are massive!