“Friendly and good food”

Martel House
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Desde 1981, el "Restaurante Martel House" ofrece a sus clientes una amplia carta que abarca los principales platos de la gastronomía canaria e internacional. Situado en pleno centro de Playa del Inglés, en la 2ª Planta del C.C.Yumbo, podrás disfrutar en nuestra amplia y soleada terraza de una gran variedad de desayunos, saborear nuestras deliciosas carnes frescas flambeadas o a la parrilla y degustar la mejor selección de vinos de nuestra bodega. También ofrecemos pescados frescos, fabulosas paellas de pescado y mariscos, gran variedad de entrantes e infinidad de platos que no dejaran indiferente al paladar de nuestros clientes.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely staff - greeted me like a friend when I returned. The inside ( non - smoking) area is much more smart attractive than the outside terrace which is quite tacky. Its very busy, but the staff are attentive. Try to choose more local type dishes like octopus starter ( huge!) mixed fish, or mixed meats as they are better than the international options. Portions are massive!

There are newer reviews for Martel House

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The service here is great but the food is the type you will find in every Spanish restaurant in any Spanish holiday resort - nothing special but they do try to make you feel very welcome and are very friendly.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Martel was always one of our 'preferred' eating places, not least because of nice waiters, and massive meal portions for the price ... this time round, the waiters stayed great, however the meal 'slipped' considerably .... my 'grilled lenguado' was so overcooked much of the fish was 'tough' , and the side-dish baked potato came literally 'cold' ... asked for potato to be switched, duly done, the second one was not much better -- gave up asking again.
Meat-eaters are usually 'happy' with Martel , and I've had 'good meals' here in the past, however this time 'too much was wrong' for me to maintain a 'recommendation' ..

Reviewed January 21, 2014

So far we have had more of bad luck regarding eating, but Martel House pizza was good. Steak my wife took was not so nice. We got table from the store aisle, it wasn't best table to get. Very nice and polite staff and fast service. Childrens hamburger dish was quite big. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited this restaurant last week for my wifes birthday .The food was ok but the service let the place down .The waiter even had the audacity to challenge me on what was ordered .We ordered 2 x 209 on the menu .This was steak and pepper sauce.When the food arrived one of the Steaks was served with Diane sauce.I complained and after waiting a further 30 minutes my wifes food eventually arrived .By this time I was not enjoying what I had ordered as it was a special occasion.
The waiter eventually arrange for desserts to be discounted from our bill but overall the experience was poor