“If Scuba Diving @ GC only with Leagues Ahead Diving!!!”

Leagues Ahead Diving
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Playa del Ingles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Leagues Ahead Diving in Playa Del Ingles is a premier scuba diving centre and is the ‘go to place’ for all Scuba Diving and Snorkelling excursions in Gran Canaria. Leagues Ahead Diving is a new dive centre in the sunny South of Gran Canaria that combines outstanding customer service, exceptional safety regulations and a fun and relaxed atmosphere to ensure your underwater adventures are unforgettable. Our dive centre is owned and managed by young, interpersonal and dedicated PADI scuba diving instructors who conduct one on one training and carry out qualified dives in small and practical groups in the crystal clear waters of Gran Canaria. We cater for every diver from beginner to a professional level and adapt the dive to suit your needs! When it comes to scuba diving we make sure that Leagues Ahead Diving is the best choice when it comes to taking the plunge in Gran Canaria.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family first time ever diving was the best ever holiday experience!!!
A bit scared to start with but after a few minutes with Sophie & James @ Leauges Ahead Diving everything was just smooth and beautiful. The scenery under water is so amazing that I would love to go back as much as possible.
Sophie and James are so professional, patient and friendly that we are looking forward to our next holiday in Gran Canaria & 3 day open waters scuba diving course. We would love to see you soon S&J
The best holiday experience thanks to Leagues Ahead Diving!

1  Thank Waldorfb
Sophie K, Owner at Leagues Ahead Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed it and that your whole family got to experience scuba diving! You were all amazing and it was such a pleasure with you.
We can't wait to see you all again soon and complete your Open Water course :)

Hope you are all well, look forward to seeing you soon,

All reviews
"safety"
in 3 reviews
"equipment"

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

We did the Open Water Diver Course with Sophie and James. It was our first time diving and we felt very much welcomed by these two wonderful people. After the first lesson we were completely hooked and extended our under water adventure. I highly recommnend the course to everyone. It really was the best part of our stay in GC.

Sophie K, Owner at Leagues Ahead Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this review Ulf! It's so lovely to hear your feedback. James and I are so glad that you enjoyed your course and congratulations on getting 100% on the exam and making it onto the wall of fame! It was so great to see you as such a great diver in El Cabron and I really hope to see you again in the future.
Thanks once again,

many kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I found Leagues Ahead Diving through Google and decided to have a look on their website. It said you could contact them through WhatsApp if you were interested, so I did, and from the start Sophie was so helpful and friendly. In fact, she was so lovely in her messages that I decided not to look around any more and to book in for my diving with Leagues Ahead Diving. Sophie arranged this with me easily over WhatsApp and she and James picked us up from our hotel on the day of the dive. My partner was not going to be diving but I had checked with Sophie ahead of time if it was okay to bring him with me so that he could enjoy the beach and take photos and was told that the more the merrier so of course to bring him along.

We went to Playa de Amadores, which was absolutely beautiful and perfect for a first time dive. Sophie and James were friendly and chatty on the way to the beach and very helpful once we arrived. It was no trouble to help me change out of my wetsuit into a larger one because I wasn't comfortable, and when I decided last minute that I'd like some photos, James kitted up quick and came in with us.

To start with, Sophie taught me the basic scuba exercises in the shallow water. I explained that I was nervous and she was wonderful in her tuition, making sure to go at a pace that I found comfortable and letting me know we could repeat anything that I needed to. Once she was happy that I had the basics down, we went past the buoys on my first dive. James got some great footage of us and both of them were great in making sure I saw lots of sealife. I saw lots of colourful fish, some crustaceans and it was cool seeing a big school of fish go past.

Both James and Sophie kept checking in to make sure I was okay which was great for a nervous first timer. On two occasions I needed to go back to the surface due to being unable to equalise my ears on the first occasion and water in my mask on the second. Both times they were great in helping me to get sorted and making sure I was happy to continue.

In all I definitely got my times worth and value for money, and my nerves soon went thanks to Sophie's teaching. James got my photos and video to me whilst we were still on holiday, so that was definitely pretty quick - and they are good ones, too! Sophie and James were warm and professional the whole time and I would 100% recommend them for any diving in Gran Canaria. We will be back once we fully qualify (my partner wants to learn now too!) and will definitely get back in touch for more dives.

Sophie K, Owner at Leagues Ahead Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely, lovely review! I am so thrilled you enjoyed your first underwater adventure in Gran Canaria! It was such a pleasure teaching you to dive and I am so glad you overcame your fears and now want to become a certified diver!
I hope you are well and you are welcome back anytime. We really hope to see you in the future as a certified diver.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Awesome guys. So Happy that we come to you for the Open Water Diver course. So warm and friendly. Absolutely enjoyed it. ❤️❤️❤️

Sophie K, Owner at Leagues Ahead Diving, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you so much for the review Ata, It was such a pleasure diving with you and to see you become a certified diver! We really hope you continue to dive around the world and show us what you get up to! We hope to see you both again in the future!
Thanks for a great few days! Many kind regards, Sophie and James :)