Overall a very nice stay in what is rather a good 3 star than 4 star hotel. Good value for money (half-board).
- location: close to beach, dunes and Yumbo entertainment centre
- clean rooms
- polite and efficient service, with a smile
- impressive buffet breakfast and dinner
- nice pool
- great animation team at the pool (especially Jose - always with a smile and Francois - always fun, though taking his job too seriously: no need to scold old ladies for not doing the aqua gym properly or to enforce the bingo rules so rigidly)
- possibility of late check out for 35 euro
- disgusting coffee, especially at breakfast; no possibility to order it at restaurant after dinner (!!!); good coffee would dramatically improve this place.
- old decor, especially worn out and dirty-looking carpets in corridors;
- no snacks / sandwiches available 24/7: at 16:30 it was impossible to get a sandwich in the hotel, we were told to get a piece of cake at the cafe (which we did, though it's ridiculous)
Conclusion: a good stay. Could come back (especially if coffee is better!).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your IFA Catarina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- IFA Catarina Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria
- Ifa Catarina Playa Del Ingles