“Only place I've been that I definitely want to go back to!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Sunprime Atlantic View
Ranked #9 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Only place I've been that I definitely want to go back to!!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.
This was the first time me and my girlfriend had been to this hotel so we didn't know what to expect.
Well, it was absolutely fantastic!! I don't really look for fault when I go on holiday but because everything was so perfect I did actually find myself trying to find things!!
None of us could find a thing and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay.
The food was fantastic with different choices all week.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were very very clean as they were cleaned every day.
The grounds and gardens are very well looked after and very tidy.
Nice and quiet on the night time but only a 10 minute walk to all the bars, clubs and pubs.
The drinks and cocktails on the all inclusive menu were second to none. Very good quality and you can feel the effect of them after a couple!
I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the near future.
We loved every minute of our holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank Martinjstretch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We travelled as a party of 4(2 couples) from 13-24 June 2013. Expectations were very high given the excellent reviews on here. I'd just like to point out the good and not so good parts of our holiday:
GOOD
Hotel is spotlessly clean
Staff are friendly and efficient
Pool areas are great with plenty of sunbeds
AI drinks were good quality
All rooms have nice views of the pools and gardens (although balconies with walls on 2nd or 3rd floors obscure view when sitting down)
Food was good most nights, not as good as other AI hotels we've been to
Free bus service to the beach was great

NOT SO GOOD
Entertainment was shocking! Resident duo were painful at times, I used to love 'Lyin Eyes' by The Eagles until they killed it on a regualr basis!
No outside seating area to have a drink in the evening (and get away from the entertainment)
Shortage of seats in the bar area

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter and balconies have railings as opposed to walls
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jamie M
Widnes
Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the minute we arrived on 7th July the staff were brilliant. They were so friendly and very professional. Our flight was delayed for 3 hours so we arrived at the hotel at 2.30am. The receptionist told us that we had meals and water in the fridge, 4 plates of delicious meats and salad. Our room was 219 and was brilliant. The beds are a little hard but that's my own preference and the bathroom could do with being updated otherwise plenty of room.

There were 4 pools and plenty of sunbeds that you can get at anytime, there were still a few people that put towels out to reserve beds but you always get that wherever you go. The whole hotel was spotless and the maids clean the rooms every day. We saw one dead roach near the grass at the back of the pool area but never saw any in the room.

The spa was expensive so we never used it.

The food was great, a couple of times it wasn't very hot but that was when we went late to the dining room. We stayed all inclusive and were very happy with the quality of the food and drinks especially the cocktails that are served in lovely glasses, my husband and his friend loved the whisky sours and myself and my friend liked the strawberry daiquiris and the Singapore slings (all inclusive cocktails have a red circle next to them).

The hotel is in a quiet area but the taxis are so cheap, 3.20 euros to Playa Del Ingles, 4.40 euros to Meloners (lighthouse) and San Augustin. It is an adults only hotel and really is for a relaxing holiday as the entertainment is very low key. There are guitarists on a couple of nights in the week and the only music in the day is when the aquacise class is on at 12.30. I would have rated the hotel excellent only for the uncomfortable seating and lack of air conditioning in the lounge, they don't even open the windows to let a breeze in. I hope they look into sorting this problem and I am sure the hotel would get excellent ratings all the time.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again but only in the winter months as it was too uncomfortable for me in the lounge at this time of year.

Overall we had a very relaxed and enjoyable holiday. I would recommend this hotel as the value for money is excellent, it was worth every penny. Well done to all the staff who work very hard and ensure you have a good time.

Room Tip: Rooms 219 and 220 have large balconies with a table and 2 chairs, 2 sunbeds and an umbrella.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank GillybeanWidnes
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Me and my boyfriend got home from this holiday/hotel today. Absolutely stunning hotel. Excellent value for money. It is also an adults only hotel which is a bonus when you want a nice peaceful relaxing holiday. Hotel transfer approx 30mins. Approx 20 min walk to the main bars or clubs or 3Euros in a taxi. They have night clubs such as PACHA, MINISTRY OF SOUND, CHINA WHITE, and other little small ones but also there are bars too and a handful of english batrs and irish bars. Nightlife is excellent and suites all types of people and personalities. There is a place called YUMBO CENTRE this is a huge square of over 150 bars and restaurants and its a shopping centre too so its great for day or nightlife. The hotel itself is soooo clean and modern. The rooms are cleaned everyday if you want them cleaning if not then a do not disturb sign can be put on your door. When rooms are cleaned they are mopped, dusted, swept, sheets changed on your request and towels changed on your requestW stayed on the ground floor where we had the pool right outside of our patio doors which was sooo convenient and handy. The food at this hotel is faultless and the PRIME BAR/cocktail bar at night is fab too. There is a drinks menu with plenty drinks available as well as cocktails available in the all inclusive bt there is a handful of drinks not included in the all inclusive. The staff are sooo friendly too and cant do enough to help you when you need their help with anything. The spa and gym is modern and very very clean too. I would definately reccomend this hotel for all ages from young couples to the older generation. I will definatley be booking to stay at this hotel again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stacey S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Poor location with bars beaches and restaurants a taxi journey away. Rooms OK, bathrooms dated but functional. All food is buffet style, only had four good meals on our trip and two of those were on the Airplane. Chairs in all public areas are very uncomfortable. No air-con to public areas. Drinks are self service during the day and from the lounge bar from 5.00pm. All inclusive had a limited but a fair selection of drinks. Entertainment very poor same duo on for three nights per weekwere awful. Staff generally very friendly but managers and our rep turned a misunderstanding into a major incident.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank paul22harris
Whitburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days with my boyfriend in July 2013 and it was lovely. (We paid a little extra for the apartment). The rooms are cleaned thoroughly everyday (cleaned, dusted, brushed, mopped, dishes done if needed and all bins emptied) and towels/bed sheets changed whenever you like them to be changed whether it is on a daily basis or every second day and so on! The beds in the room were a bit uncomfy as they were very hard. This was a slight problem as I would wake up several times in the night with back pain. This however, will be personal preference but it wasn't good for me. The bedding is white, thin and very light which is good, especially in the heat.

Bathroom was very spacious and the shower was fantastic as it was very powerful. However, be aware of cockroaches as we had 4 in our bathroom over the 10 days and we had no idea where they were coming from as the window was always closed and bathroom door always shut.

The livingroom area was lovely as it had a couch, table and TV (only a few British channels like the news etc). There was also a small kitchen which had a fridge, 2 hobs, microwave, kettle and toaster.

The balcony in every room looks onto the pool area and it also has a table and 2 chairs to sit on which was lovely, especially at night! The hotel has 4 large pools with loads of sun loungers so there was always space, no need to get up early and put a towel down, you will ALWAYS get a sun lounger. However, I thought that there was far too many naked people around, in which the majority of them were German!! Quite disgusting and awkward if you ask me.

The food in the hotel was fantastic and there was always a wide variety of hot and cold food available daily. They have several themed nights; my favourite was the Mexican and Asian night! We were all inclusive so enjoy the drinks. The cocktails were fantastic, especially the strawberry daiquiri. Drinks are very strong though, very drunk easily!

Hotel staff were lovely and always tried to help as much as possible. Some of their English is not up to scratch so did not understand us a lot of the time which was hard, especially when we were trying to receive important information.

I would highly recommend going to Palmitos Park (30 euros in a taxi return) and Aqualand Water Park (10 euros in a taxi return) as they were fantastic. I would buy the saver ticket though as you will save around 40 euros and it gets you entry to both parks. I think the hotel run a bus service to these places but we didn't know this until the last day (had already been).

Overall, lovely hotel with some slight faults! Hotel is VERY quiet and in a very quiet area. I would say this is a relaxing holiday only, Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Claire K
Wales
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 weeks in July. We booked it not realising it was an adults only hotel, a massive added bonus. We are both young and we found a good mixture of she groups. Although its adults only, there is still a 'games pool' where you can play with balls etc which is great fun to watch or take part in!

The rooms are big enough for 2 people although I think you can sleep more. Ours was a studio apartment with big bathroom and then into the kitchenette, lounge and then through the the bedroom. There was also a balcony. Air conditioning in the apartment for free and a safety deposit box that cost us 25e for the 2 weeks.

There are 3 pools altogether and also an extra small pool which I assume at one point was a small kids pool, great for sitting in to read a book to keep cool!

The reception was amazing, free wifi in the lounge area and reception (and it will pick up in some on the sun loungers outside if your close enough) and there is a charge for wifi in the room. Activities include mainly live music and singing most evenings and fine for the night.

Food was really good. I've done all inclusive before and found that they put all food out and you just pile your plates up!! What we found here was much better, they have salad, cheese and all those sorts and then they have 3 or 4 different main meals and this is changed everyday. Therefore avoiding the whole eating the same thing every day. Lunch is done in the same way. Breakfast have the same every morning, however there is still a large choice of salad, breads, meats, cheese, cooked, pancakes, cereal, fruit.

I wouldn't say that the hotel is within walkin distance (approximately 30mins) and in the heat it's hard work! However, the hotel provides a courtesy bus to and from the beach. Taxi to nightlife is around 4e and there is always one outside the hotel.

Overall I was really impressed with this hotel, modern interiors, clean, great atmosphere, food and drink brilliant and staff are so helpful!! Definitely recommended!!

I will also recommend that you go to Sakura, a teppanyaki restaurant. It's amazing!!

• Stayed July 2013