“Best tapas in town!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tapas and Love
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice cozy little tapas resturant. All the dishes we tried were magnifisant. Thank you for a nice evaning:)

1  Thank SusanneTD
JuanTango, Owner at Tango Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Gracias amigos !! And welcome back. Pls tell all your friends when visiting Gran Canaria !!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the receptionist at our hotel and we weren't disappointed.

The manager was very welcoming and the food was excellent. The restaurant was intimate and the service and food was excellent.

If you're looking for Tapas this is the place to visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We dined at Tango y Tapas at Christmas time as I was visiting my daughter who was living on the island. We are Canadians and I think we were the only ones to be found in Gran Canaria! Of course we wanted fabulous Spanish and Canarian food and were definitely on the hunt for the BEST TAPAS restaurant on the island and had almost three weeks to complete our quest. We found it at Tango y Tapas! It was amazing! We started with deliciously fresh MOJITOS as we waited for a table. Juan, the owner told us his Mojitos were the best on the island! He didn't lie! They were divine... a perfect blend of great quality fresh ingredients that had me begging for the recipe by email months later :) All of the menu items we tried were delicious. We asked our waiter for several small plate recommendations and we were pleased with all of them. There was a gentleman playing a large upright stringed instrument that added to the ambiance. It was our favourite dining experience by far in our three weeks in Gran Canaria. I just wish we had found Tango y Tapas sooner so that we would have been able to repeat it before heading back to the snow!

2  Thank Lisa N

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Choose to go to Tango y Tapas for a friend's birthday, based on the good Tripadvisor ratings and comments. Sorry to say, we were all disappointed.

To mention a few "minor" things: We ordered 8 tapas and they were all served one by one, i.e. the ham and cheese as served, then we waited for 5-10 minutes before the chorizo was served, then we waited for 5-10 minutes before the calamari was served, and so on. We ordered a cava-based sangria that tasted almost solely from orange juice and lacked bubbles, so I doubt there was much cava in there at all...

However, the reason for me writing this review at all is that we found several unidentified “things” in the garlic bread that we believed to be pieces of plastic. We complained to the waitress and she brought the chef/owner to our table. Instead of apologizing and maybe offering to bring us new bread or to deduct the dish from the bill which would have been a normal reaction he argued that this was fish bones we had found. In his view it seemed to be acceptable to find fish bones in bread and he implied that we were picky to even comment about it. He then finished his appearance with a joke on our behalf.

I'm not the type who usually complains when going to restaurants, by this was simply not acceptable. I really cannot understand the Tripadvisor rating they have received. We spoke to another group of guests and they were equally disappointed. There are plenty of other restaurants around and I would recommend anyone of those instead.

8  Thank Johan A A
Reviewed April 27, 2013

As a big Tapas fan I can just recomend everything in Tango Tapas. Food,wine,atmosphere and service is excellent and I find myself coming back everytime I'm in Gran Canaria!
/Peter