“Disgusting food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Disgusting food”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Went here for an evening meal. In going here I broke a golden rule of mine when dining out, never to eat somewhere that has pictures of the food outside the restaurant. My partner and I chose the sirloin steak with Hunter sauce. This cost about 13 euros, and for this price I expected a decent meal. When the meal arrived, I immediately noticed how watery the Hunter sauce was. Although the steak was cooked adequately the sauce ruined it. The consistency of the sauce was too thin and it tasted vile. The steak was served with potatoes and mixed vegetables. The potatoes were far too overcooked as were the vegetables, which had quite clearly been cooked from frozen as the carrots were machine cut. After the meal, we waited about ten minutes to get the attention of the waiters who were not attentive whatsoever, and in the end I had to go up to the bar to ask for the bill. I told the waiter our thoughts on the meal and he did not seem concerned.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jm_1301

• Finnish first
Great Yarmouth
“Very good”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We used this resturant several times during our stay and the food and service was great would recommend to anyone

• Visited February 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Brillant”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The last time we were in PDI we always went to El Duke the food is great and the service off the staff is brillant highly recommened the place

Visited February 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Great food and nice staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We ate here twice, both times the food was great and the staff was very nice, the batroom was clean but tiny with heavy unpractical swing doors.
I would have given them 4 pionts if one of the staff members had not been so rude as to kiss me without permission the second day we were there. I suppose some women like that, but I was very offended.

Visited January 2012
London, England
“Great servic, good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We found El Duke wandering back up from the dunes and wanting a drink, which turned into lunch, which became coffee which returned full circle to a drink. Fabulous service, quality food and sensible prices. Returned for lunch and drinks a few times through the holiday and each time it was great. We didn’t have an evening meal here, but did stop for drinks and the food looked good.

Visited January 2012