My partner and I have just returned from this hotel. Our stay was hassle free.
The staff were all very kind and one girl in particular was a big help in advising the best places to eat.
The hotel is very clean and very quiet. It's maybe 4 star for Spain, but it felt more 3 star for me. My partner and I had twin beds on arrival and the mattresses were very very firm. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom that wasn't particular strong. The shower was good and the balcony was nice. There was a TV in the room too if you wanted to catch the news.
We didn't eat in the hotel but by all accounts the food is quite good.
The safe cost €14 a week to rent, I would expect this to be free for a 4 star hotel, as I said it was more like a British 3 star.
There are two pools, one salt water and one chlorine. The pools were not heated, I think they are only heated in the high season which is Sept-April (I didn't know this at the time of booking), so the water was quite cold despite the high temperatures. The hotel provided beach towels for €5 deposit, this was really good and you could get fresh towels every day.
WiFi was only available in the hotel lobby, again for a 4 star I would expect this throughout the hotel.
The hotel is tucked away in a corner of San Agustin and is ideally placed for those wanting to access the beach (can be accessed via the pool). However, San Agustin is not the place to stay if you want to dine out without having to get a taxi. The shopping/restaurant centre in San Agustin is run down. We found ourselves going to Playa del Ingles most nights which cost €5-€6 euro one way in a taxi, you could walk which takes about 30-40 minutes which is quite pleasant and safe in the evenings as it is well lit. There were no restaurants in San Agustin that offered a light lunch either, it was mainly pizzas which was quiet frustrating.
The hotel was occupied by mainly older German couples so there wasn't much interaction with the other guests. It was very quiet by the pool and there was no sun lounger hogging from any of the guests.
Breakfast is continental (as you would expect when the guests are mainly German) buffet. The breakfasts were fine and plentiful for us but if you're a fussy eater you might struggle.
All in all, a clean, small, quiet hotel. If you like your peace and quiet and are happy to dine in the hotel this is the place for you. It's worth noting that as it is the low season I would say only 30% of restaurants are actually open in Gran Canaria.
I'll be adding reviews for the places we ate too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Agustin Beach Club is a superior 4 star hotel located on the beachfront in a quiet area of San Agustin. This exclusive hotel is beautifully furnished to create the ambience of a ship cruise and the majority of the 57 perfectly equipped rooms have a sea view. Between other facilities and services are the open reception 24 hours, free WIFI access in the reception area, different bars, principal restaurant, restaurant a la carte, a Wellness center and Room service (limited timetable). The hotel features a good range of on-site facilities to ensure an unforgettable stay for all who visit such as a small gym, sauna and a fresh water outdoor jacuzzi. Outside, there are 2 open-air swimming pools (one fresh water and other sea water) which are surrounded by terraces, making it an ideal place to soak up the sun, while the restaurant and the bars provide delicious cuisine, exotic cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere. The en suite guest rooms are spacious and well appointed with all of the modern amenities you would expect of a hotel of its class, including air conditioning and satellite TV. The airport is 25 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your San Agustin Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Augustin Beach Club Hotel San Agustin
- San Augustin Beach Hotel
- San Agustin Beach Club Gran Canaria