“Stellar Chateaubriand”
Review of Gorbea Restaurant

Gorbea Restaurant
Reserve with
Gorbea Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in San Agustin
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurante Gorbea, is named after the highest mountain in the Basque Country, and is also the highest restaurant in the south of Gran Canaria. Located on the ninth floor of the main building, the restaurant provides spectacular views over the beach of San Agustín and the Maspalomas Dunes. Air-conditioned. Direct access from outside the hotel via panoramic lift. Free parking. Well known for its Market cuisine specialities, the restaurant has recently been redecorated and modernised.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went twice for dinner and a couple of times to the lounge. It is located on the rooftop of the Gloria Palace Hotel in San Agustin. This means that you have a spectacular view over the bay of San Agustin and can see the dunes of Maspalomas. The lounge is nicely done with an Arabic touch.
The restaurant has very reasonable prices and fantastic meat. We tried the filet-steak, filet mignon and the Chateaubriand. The Chateaubriand is made with meat from Uruguay and simply spectacular. They cut the meat at the table (medium done) and add excellent potatoes and vegetables. The meat is sprinkled with coarse sea salt. Yummy ... Not to forget the fresh made and delicious sauce bernaise.
I can recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves meat (haven't tried the fish, but I guess that it is also excellent) and wants to get away from the crowds in Maspalomas and enjoy a peaceful evening with above average food and a splendid view. Last but not least they have a super nice and knowledgeable Chef de Service which treated us really well and knew us after the first visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The view from the 9th floor of Gloria Palace is amazing and the table settings are beautiful, really atmospheric. You are given amuse buche (they aren't complimentary) and suggestions from the waiter off of the menu. The waiter was slightly pushy with his suggestions, we had a large lunch so didn't want three courses but he had to keep asking if we were sure because this that and the other was delicious, also trying to get us to purchase the most expensive wine on the menu! Dinner was amazing, food was hot, tasty and well seasoned, the wine we chose was lovely and the desserts were scrummy.

The main bits I wasn't fond of is that the waiter knew we were English, so kept sending the only non-english speaking waitress to our table, which wasn't helpful when asking what the desserts were. I don't want an amuse bouche I didn't ask for and then charged the earth for it, if it is complimentary then I don't expect to see it on my bill. Also check your bill, the price of our wine increased from the menu to the receipt.

There are lots of other lovely restaurants in San Agustin, this is probably number one because it has fancy views, but I wasn't the biggest fan!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the gloria palace and the gorbea is situated on the top floor. We were seated by the window and the view was stunning. The food was very good as well and because we were residents of the hotel we got 10% off. Would definitely recommend this establishment.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Gorbea prides itself on service and presentation. The waiters are great at serving, but it's the kind of restaurant where you get a small piece of fish on a large plate, with sauce-graffiti all over it. Depends on what kind of person you are, I personally prefer a place where I get a normal size meal, and I don't have to worry about my elbows on the table.

The restaurant itself is located on the roof of the Gloria Palace hotel (but can be accessed via direct elevator from the street), so it's small. And pretty quiet too, so you're almost afraid to speak. It has a nice view though.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Elegant restaurant with well spoken and well trained staff. The view was fantastic. It was expensive, but that would have been fine with me if the portions were not half the size of the ones you get everywhere else. I am usually more than OK with one mail meal, but here you do need the starter, the main meal and the dessert too. And they do ask you to write a review. That is a bit sweaty, just relax. There is no need to tape the reviews in the elevator. Those who write reviews write them anyway, and do research as well before choosing a restaurant. :)