I travelled here with my mum for a weeks holiday. We both very much enjoyed our stay and felt it was excellent value for money. The rooms are clean and comfortable, perhaps a little dated, although a large flat screen tv was provided with some English speaking channels. I had the comfiest pillow ever, wanted to bring it home with me! We were given a lovely sea view room which overlooked the beautiful gardens and pool area. We had Dinner, B&B and the variety of food was really good, complimentary Cava with breakfast. I think there have been a few efforts to upgrade the hotel and add some modern touches but some areas are still to be worked on. This is a traditional hotel which provides a high degree of comfort and service. The staff were all very helpful and courteous. The evening cabaret was mixed with some very good and some not so good, room for improvement here. We very much enjoyed our week and would recommend to all age groups as close to other livelier areas but far enough away to be peaceful and relaxing. Also close to local buses to all other areas. All in all great value for money, a more traditional form of 5 star on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set in large gardens, the Meliá Tamarindos overlooks Gran Canaria's San Agustín beach. It offers a spa, fitness centre, 2 outdoor pools and has its own observatory. The air-conditioned rooms feature a pillow menu, satellite TV and plenty of natural light. They also have free Wifi. Hotel Meliá Tamarindos has 2 outdoor hot tubs, and the spa offers a sauna and massage services. There are also tennis and squash courts on site. Meliá Tamarindos' restaurants offer buffet dishes prepared in the show kitchen, including Chinese and Italian dishes. The bars serve snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Level services are available in some rooms, and include a private lounge with free snacks, cafeteria services, private solarium for adults, Nespresso machine in the rooms, and 30-minute daily access to the spa. The hotel is 500 m from a shopping centre and 3 km from Playa del Inglés. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Tamarindos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Tamarindos Hotel San Agustin
- Melia San Agustin
- Melia Hotel Tamarindos
- Melia Tamarindos San Agustin, Gran Canaria